- Blah Blah Blah: Yami and Pegasus's boring Pre-Battle Banter gets rendered as this.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Tristan manages to beat Yami Bakura. Too bad it didn't do much in the long run.
- Disney Death: Yugi is brought back with The Power of Friendship.
- Freudian Excuse: Yami Bakura provides a very flimsy one for himself. Apparently, if your parents don't love you enough and then try to name you Florence, you'll turn evil and hijack people's bodies.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: One of Pegasus's guards is able to convince himself that the loud clanking sounds Tristan's suit of armor makes is "definitely the sound that wind makes".
- Kid with the Leash: Yugi starts to demonstrate some of this power over Yami for the first time."No! Bad Pharaoh! No mind crush!
- Metaphorgotten: Grandpa launches into one during an attempt to compare playing card games to making love."You usually do it on a table. And you always feel deep shame when it's finished. Also, the older you get, the less fun it is. So remember: always wear a condom when playing card games."
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind: Tristan sums up the trope and provides the page quote when he tosses the Millennium Ring into the forest.And now to defeat the evil villain once and for all, by throwing him carelessly in a random direction. Go, Millennium Frisbee!
- Suddenly Sexuality: Croquet. This would not be of any particular note if not for the fact that it explains why Bakura's gaydar pointed out Pegasus's castle in a previous episode despite Pegasus actually being Camp Straight. This theory is confirmed by Word of God.