With Acrobat Magician and his new Synchro Monster High Nirvana Paladin in his Pendulum Zones, Yuya Pendulum Summons "Entermate Bubbulldog", "Entermate Radish Horse", "Entermate Rubber Mutton", and "Entermate Timesword Magician" from his Extra Deck, and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon from his hand. Yuya then activates Smile World, raising the ATK of all monsters on the field by 600. Yuya activates the effect of Entermate Radish Horse; it has 1100 ATK, so Jack's "Red Demon's Dragon Tyrant" loses 1100 ATK, to 3500, and Yuya's Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon gains it, raising it to 4200. Since the ATK of his "Red" monster was lowered, Jack activates his Trap "Over The Red," doubling that monster's ATK, and Jack banishes "Red Demon's Dragon Scar-Light" from his Graveyard to add its ATK to Tyrant's. Tyrant powers up to a total 10,000 ATK.
Jack calls for Yuya to face him, and Yuya responds with the Pendulum effect of High Nirvana Paladin. When a Pendulum Monster battles, Yuya can negate its destruction and the battle damage, and then the monster it battled loses ATK equal to Yuya's monster's ATK. Timesword Magician has 2000 ATK, so Tyrant falls to 8000 ATK. High Nirvana Paladin then allows Yuya to use its effect again on another monster that is one level higher than its previous target. Timesword Magician is Level 3, so Yuya attacks with the Level 4 Radish Horse, Level 5 Rubber Mutton, and Level 6 Bulbbuldog. Red Demon's Dragon Tyrant is steadily weakened and drops to 2500 ATK.
As Yuya declares his attacks, the city's citizens stop fighting, in awe of Yuya's moves as they realize the King is about to be defeated. Crow, Shinji, Tony, Damon, and Duel Chaser 227 along with other former Security agents, ride on the adjacent highways along with helicopters and cars. Jack laughs, seeing the power of Yuya's beliefs — even if they are weak in their own right, together they are strong, and those beliefs have been passed to the citizens of the city, united as one. With Jack's encouragement to finish the duel at last, Yuya calls for the city to say the final attack with him, and they all together command Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon to attack. Red Demon's Dragon Tyrant is destroyed, and Odd-Eyes' effect doubles the inflicted battle damage. Jack loses the duel.
The two stop on the highway, and Jack declares Yuya the new "King". At this time a helicopter descends and broadcasts a message from the Executive Council. They admit they have been using the Friendship Cup to keep the city segregation and their own power secure, but they recognize that way of thinking is wrong. Seeing the city united by watching this duel, they step down from their positions to allow the younger generation a chance to make things better. Privately, though, the Council admits they don't know what position to take in the dimensional war, but that is for the city to decide on its own now.
At this moment, Sora appears via hologram and tells Yuya that Roget defeated him and Tsukikage, and has taken Yuzu, intending to return to Academia hand her over to them. The Executive Council's helicopter lands to fly Yuya to Security headquarters. At the headquarters, Roget retreats with Yuzu and is blocked by Reiji, Reira, and Tsukikage. Roget leads Reiji into a large room that seals them inside, and Roget tells Reiji he will take him to the Fusion Dimension as well. The room lights up in glowing holograms, and the two activate their Duel Disks.
Roget takes the first turn and activates "Polymerization" to fuse two "Ancient Gear Soldiers" in his hand to summon "Ancient Gear Devil" in defense position. He then equips it with "Ancient Gear Magic Shield." Magic Shield raises Devil's DEF by 1200, to 3000, and prevents it from being destroyed in battle or affected by Reiji's card effects. Roget then uses Devil's effect to deal 1000 damage to Reiji for each Magic card on his field, taking Reiji to 3000 Life Points. Roget says his combo grants him an impenetrable defense and invites Reiji to try and defeat him now.
This episode contains the following tropes:
- Bad Boss: Disabling all the elevators after setting the building to self-destruct so that none of his staff can leave? Yup, Roget's stepped into this territory.
- Big Damn Heroes: Reiji's way of greeting Roget is to demand the French bastard to release Yuzu and face him in a Duel.
- The Cameo: Yeager, who surprisingly had a voiced role, and Tenpei Hayano.
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: How Yuya defeated Red Demon's Dragon Tyrant. Using Nirvana High Paladin's Pendulum Effect he slowly lowered Tyrant's attack point till Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon could destroy it and deal enough damage to defeat Jack.
- Defeat Means Friendship: The end result of the second Yuya VS Jack Duel.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: How the Synchro Dimension sees Yuya's victory over Jack.
- Graceful Loser: Jack takes his loss incredibly well, giving his full support to Yuya.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Somehow, Roget defeated Sora and Tsukikage in a duel, and it's implied they faced him two-on-one. The next episode shows it's a subversion, as Roget lost, but as they were fighting an holographic clone, he could rejoin.
- Pet the Dog:
- Since Jack sees Yuya as a Worthy Opponent for summoning Nirvana High Paladin in the last episode, he lets out a healthy laugh and encourages Yuya to strike him down at full force.
- Reiji shoves Reira out when Roget tries to close trap them both in a room to duel Reiji.
- Rage Quit: Roget's behavior can only be described this way: he shuts down most of the elevators to Security headquarters so none of his staff can leave, apparently sets the building to self-destruct, and then tries to run back to the Fusion Dimension to return to Academia with Yuzu.
- Ship Tease: Once the duel is over Yuya is focused on saving Yuzu.
- Smug Snake: Roget thinks his combo is unstoppable, when even a beginner could tell you that destroying his Equip card with any basic Spell/Trap destruction card will do the trick.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Shinji, Tony, and Damon give Yuya a less hostile look after Kurosaki interferes in their supposed Duel against Crow in the last episode.
- Even Gallager is backing Yuya in his Duel with Jack.
- When He Smiles: Jack gives out a huge laugh when Yuya was able to weaken his powered up Red Demon's Dragon Tyrant so Odd-Eyes could destroy it.
- Worf Effect: Roget shows he's a threat by offscreen beating Sora and Tsukikage.
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle!: Yuya wins his duel with Jack and becomes the new "King", the city is united and happy, and the Executive Council steps down from their positions. Then Sora appears and tells Yuya about Roget...