Shinji leads a group of Commons through the city, declaring a revolution. Roget gets reports from around the city of more uprisings and riots breaking out. In the chaos, Academia's forces have retreated with Selena. Roget orders the Tops citizens evacuated to the Duel Palace, and announces a change in the semi-final match-up: with Yugo having vanished, he is disqualified, and so Sergey will face Jack Atlas. Roget intends for Jack's defeat to demoralize the Commons and help stop the revolution. Roget also has Yuzu brought to his office to watch the duel with him.
The duel begins, and Jack takes the first move, summoning "Red Demon's Dragon Scar-light." Sergey responds by Synchro Summoning "Earthbound Disciple Geo Griffon" and Fusion Summoning "Earthbound Disciple Geo Kraken." Sergey attempts to use the effect of Geo Kraken to destroy Scar-light, but Jack finds and activates the Action card "Runaway Effect" to negate the destruction and deal 500 damage to Sergey. Jack takes his turn and uses Scar-light's effect to destroy Sergey's monsters and deal 500 damage for each of them. Geo Griffon and Geo Kraken are destroyed, and though Sergey attempts to use Geo Griffon's effect to destroy Scar-light again, Jack discards "Red Gardna" to negate it.
Jack declares a direct attack, but Sergey activates his trap "Earthbound Beginning," halving the damage and letting him activate a Field Spell from his deck, "Earthbound Plain." The effect of the Field Spell lets each of them pick up an additional Action card if they already has one, then banish one of them to deal 300 damage and lower the ATK of an opponent's monster by 300. Jack points out this is a foolish play; with him riding in front of Sergey, he'll be able to pick up the Action cards they find before Sergey does.
At this time, Sergey's cybernetics activate, and his D-Wheel binds him with holographic ropes. The machine transforms into a uni-wheeled machine with Sergey emerging from the top, controlling its two auxiliary wheels as arms. With his new form, Sergey tears up the road to pull himself ahead of Jack, and grabs an Action card. Jack takes 300 damage, and Red Demon's Dragon Scar-light drops to 2700 ATK. With his cybernetics, Sergey sees a road of Action cards ahead, and more chances to deal damage and de-power Scar-light. Roget explains to Yuzu that Sergey is his ultimate Dueling Machine, built to wield absolute power for Roget as Roget gets rid of Jack and takes over the Synchro Dimension.
Meanwhile, the Lancers and their other allies regroup, and Yuya informs them about Selena and Yuzu, as well as that Roget has split from Academia to establish his own kingdom. Sora goes off to rescue Yuzu, and against his objections, Tsukikage goes with him. Later, Yuya and Gongenzaka go as well, leaving Reira with Sawatari and Chojiro.
This episode contains the following Tropes:
- Antagonist Title: This episode is named after Sergey, who Roget refers to as a "duel machine."
- Ass Pull: Lampshaded In-Universe. While one person in Commons cheers Jack for saving himself from Geo Kraken's destruction effect, another points out he was just lucky enough to find an Action card in time.
- Big Brother Mentor: Defied. Shingo tells Reira to call him "big brother," which makes Reira cry.
- Bread and Circuses: Roget's plan to handle the Commons riots is to let Jack duel as distraction and entertainment while Security puts down the rebellion.
- Cool Bike: As strange as it looks, Sergey's second form for his bike is really, really cool.
- Death By A Thousand Cuts: How Sergey/Roget plan on beating Jack, by using the field spell he created and Sergey's custom bike to stay ahead of Jack and keep using Action Cards to keep inflicting burn damage on him without letting him get his next turn.
- Determinator: Yuya. In this episode Yuya is exhausted and hurt from last episode but he refuses to stop till Yuzu is safe.
- Evil Laugh: Roget lets out one at the very end. Yuzu is not amused.
- Friend to All Children: Crow takes the time to comfort a small Tops kid during the riot, not caring that the boy is part of the oppressive class.
- Full-Circle Revolution: Crow fears that this is going to happen should the Commons win.
- Hope Crusher: Roget's explicit plan is for Sergey to crush Jack, the star of hope for the Commons, in order to break their morale.
- Loophole Abuse: The effect of Geo Kraken lets it destroy monsters Special Summoned on Sergey's turn. But Jack has already summoned Red Demon's Dragon Scar-light. So Sergey uses another card effect to treat it as if it were summoned on his turn.
- Screw the Rules, I Make Them!: Jean stated that he created Sergey's deck and it shows. In addition to his monsters having effects that could work for Sergey's archetype, he also has a field spell based on using action cards to inflict burn damage on the opponent, something that would otherwise be useless outside of this specific duel.
- Skewed Priorities: Melissa hangs a lampshade on the questionable decision to continue the Friendship Cup while the commons are rioting in the streets. Of course, it's all part of Roget's plan.
- Too Slow: Sergey mocks Jack for being too slow to pass him after his transformation.
- The Watson: Yuzu fills this role in the episode, being brought to Roget's office to give him someone to exposit to.
- Won the War, Lost the Peace: Crow stated that based on how the Revolution is going, in the end nothing will truly change.