Yugo has just summoned "Clear-Wing Synchro Dragon" against Serena's "Moonlight Panther Dancer." Meanwhile, Yuya synchronizes with Yugo, experiencing the duel as he does. As the duel continues, Rogets continues to change the track layout to allow Serena to get to Action Cards. She realizes what is happening and ignores one, allowing Panther Dancer to be destroyed. Serena declares she doesn't want to win by being handed chances for an advantage and will duel in her own way, but Yugo replies that dueling is a game of luck and you have to take any opportunity you can; to demonstrate, he shows that he picked up the Action Card she passed. As the two circle around towards the stadium, Serena reveals her Trap "Moon-Light Reincarnation Dance" to add two Moonlight monsters from her Deck to her hand since her Fusion Monster was destroyed. She adds "Moonlight Tiger" and "Moonlight Wolf," Pendulum Monsters.
In the stadium, the two hear the crowd cheering for them. Yugo basks in the applause while Serena wonders why she feels so excited, and as Yugo thinks he feels like he should call out a catchphrase, Serena beats him to it and calls out "Ladies and gentlemen!" Back on the course, Serena activates her Pendulum Monsters and performs a Pendulum Summon, then uses one of their effects to revive Panther Dancer. Serena then activates her other Pendulum Monster's effect, Fusion Summoning using all three of her monsters including Panther Dancer to summon "Moonlight Lion Dancer," with 3500 ATK. Lion Dancer attacks Clear-Wing Synchro Dragon, and Yugo uses the Action Card he grabbed earlier to prevent its destruction. Lion Dancer attacks a second time, and though Clear-Wing survives, Yugo takes damage and his Life Points drop to 200.
Yugo takes his turn and calls out Yuya's catchphrase, "The fun is just getting started!" He activates the effect of "Speedroid Den-Den Archduke" in his Graveyard, banishing it to special summon "Speedroid Red-Eyed Dice" from the Graveyard. Yugo then tunes it with Clear-Wing Synchro Dragon to summon "Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon" with 3,000 ATK. Crystal Wing attacks Lion Dancer, its effect increasing its ATK by the same amount of ATK Lion Dancer has since it is Level 5 or higher. With 6,500 ATK, Crystal Wing destroys Lion Dancer and Yugo wins the duel. The two return to the stadium, and Serena thanks Yugo for giving her an enjoyable duel. She thinks back on Yuya's desire to make people smile with dueling, and understands what he means now.
As Yugo celebrates his win, his synchronization with Yuya ends, and Yuya awakens back in his cell. Yugo senses something and turns to see Yuri watching him from the stadium roof.
This episode contains examples of:
- At Arm's Length: Yugo is held back at fist's length when he slips back into viewing Serena as Rin one more time after the duel.
- Badass Boast: "Even if The City desires for you to win, I'll still win!"
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Serena borrows Yuya's "Ladies and Gentlemen" while Yugo continues to use "The fun is just getting started!"
- Character Development: Serena, due to the duel and people cheering for her, finally has fun dueling.
- Character Title: Sort of. Much like with The Enlightened Paladin, the episode is named after a major monster which first appears in it, in this case Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon.
- Chekhov's Gun: The first monster that Yugo summoned in the duel became the key to summon Crystal Wing.
- The Dreaded: Yuri. When Yugo sensed him, Yugo was noticeable disturbed.
- Expy: Crystal Wing's design resembles both Stardust and Shooting Star Dragons' designs.
- Foregone Conclusion: The next episode's summary states that Serena is sent to the underground, meaning she'll lose to Yugo. This summary was released before this episode even aired.
- Graceful Loser: Serena. She happily shakes Yugo's hand after losing and wishes him good luck.
- Honor Before Reason: Serena wises up that whoever is changing the course, is doing so for her benefit, and ignores an Action Card that could have stopped Yugo's attack as a point.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Played with. Yugo grabs an Action Card but doesn't use it yet, keeping it in his hand for later. While this may seem like an invoking of the trope, it's actually been stated for the whole series that you can do this; it just hasn't come into play much.
- This Cannot Be!: A nonverbal one as when Serena loses, Roger drops his white queen chess piece.
- Took a Level in Badass:
- Both Yugo and Serena summon an upgrade to their ace.
- Serena reveals that she also has Pendulum Cards in her deck.
- Trailers Always Spoil: The preview explicitly spoils not only the existence of Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon, but exactly how Yugo summons it (and by extension its Level.)
- Wham Shot: Who expected Yuri to show up in this episode?
- When She Smiles: Serena gives a beautiful smile when she starts to truly enjoy the duel.
- Worthy Opponent: Serena and Yugo, with Serena wishing Yugo good luck.