After his duel, Yuya is depressed at his failure to reach the people of City, and returns to his room. As he mulls over it, the next duel between Yuugo and Sawatari begins. Sawatari casts himself as the hero of the Friendship Cup, and Yugo and his Clear-Wing Synchro Dragon is the villain. Yugo uses his various cards to seal Sawatari's moves, forcing him to go defensive. As he listens to the duel in his room, Yuya notices his deck glowing — it's Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. As he stares at the card, his demeanor changes and he begins to say Yugo's lines to Sawatari in-time with him.
Sawatari weakens Clear-Wing and goes on the offensive again, and attacks to end the duel. Yugo, synchronized with Yuya, grabs an Action Card and defends himself, the first time he's done so in the duel. On his next turn, Yugo summons Hi-Speedroid Hagoita, and uses its effect to give all monsters on the field the same effect that activates when their levels are changed. Yugo then plays Hi Speed Re-Level, turning Sawatari's monsters to Level 5. Their new effects granted by Hagoita trigger, and because they're now Level 5, Clear-Wing activates its own effect to negate their effects, destroy them, and gain their ATK. Empowered again, Clear Wing attacks and ends the duel.
With the duel over, Yuya and Yugo de-synchronize, leaving the two to wonder what happened. Sawatari basks in the crowd's applause and realizes that Yugo looks like Yuya before being taken away by stadium personnel.
This episode contains examples of:
- Aura Vision: Yuzu seems able to recognize the Synchronization going on with Yugo and Yuya, though it's hard to tell if she just recognized Yugo was acting like Yuya, or actually saw the synchronization itself.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: Played With. While Yugo used Yuya's catchphrase, as he and Yuya were sharing a mind, it's hard to say he borrowed it.
- Designated Villain: In-Universe; Sawatari casts Yugo as the villain he's to defeat, and says it's fitting that Yugo uses a dragon as his ace monster.
- Double Take: Sawatari is upset that once again his name hasn't been called... until he realizes they did call his name.
- Foreshadowing: Let's say Sawatari wasn't wrong in that having Clear Wing Synchro Dragon as his ace doesn't mean good things for Yugo.
- Graceful Loser: Played With. After Sawatari lost, he was whining. It was only when he heard that people were cheering for him that he eased up.
- Hypocritical Humor: Yugo promises before his duel to tell the audience about the interdimensional war for Yuzu, after complaining a couple episodes previous that she got fired up and failed to. At the end of his duel, he notes that he got fired up and that there was a message he was supposed to pass on.
- I Meant to Do That: At the start of the duel, Sawatari pulls a wheelie in an attempt to get in front of Yugo and manages to do just that. From his expression and actions afterwards, it seems to imply he just meant to speed up and pass him, with the wheelie being a complete accident. When he gets complimented on it, though, he quickly plays it off that it was intentional to get the audience fired up.
- Loophole Abuse: Yugo uses a card effect to give Sawatari's monsters new effects, so he can purposefully cause them to activate and then use Clear-Wing's effect to negate and destroy them.
- Mythology Gag: As Yugo begins his winning turn, we briefly see him visualize a "flowchart" not unlike what Yusei used to think up his strategies in 5D's.
- Shout-Out: The way Yugo visualises his winning strategy is exactly how Yusei would in 5D's.
- Synchronization: Yuya and Yugo were able to share a mind and skills to win.
- Theme Music Power-Up: Yugo borrows Yuya's pendulum summon theme when he makes his game-ending plays.
- Took a Level in Badass: Sawatari performs rather skillfully in his duel this episode, in comparison to his Butt-Monkey status before hand. Sure, he still loses, but not before giving the synchronized Yugo and Yuya one hell of a duel, despite being at a disadvantage throughout the entirety of it on what he could summon. He would have won, too, had Yugo not found an Action Card.
- Wham Episode: Yuya and Yugo synced up.
- Wham Line:
- Yuya saying Yugo's words in-time with him.
- Yugo's "The fun is just getting started!" Both In-Universe and out.