The next match is between Shinji and Tsukikage. In an attempt to change the problem of the class system in the City, Shinji calls out to all the Commons to stand up against the injustice, and deploys Bee Force monsters that embody his image of what the Commons are. The Commons citizens are whipped into a frenzy by Shinji, aggravating the Tops. As Tsukikage battles using his Ninja monsters to deal continuous damage to Shinji, Shinji responds with his Synchro Summons and makes a dramatic play, unleashing the Level 12 Bee Force - Big Ballista the Final Battle. As he makes the game-ending attack, Tsukikage draws an Action Card and does not use it, losing the duel.
Meanwhile, Reiji and Reira report to the Executive Council about the change in match-up. As Tsukikage loses, the Council muses this is the second Lancer to fall in the tournament and be taken to the underground labor facility. Reiji confirms this, and that it is as he has planned.
This episode contains examples of:
- All According to Plan: Reiji's up to something that apparently involves the Lancers losing the tournament on purpose, and recites this line after Tsukikage's loss.
- Culture Clash: In the Synchro dimension Shinji would be spot on, but Tsukikage comes from an entirely different dimension with a very different economic system that doesn't have the institutionalized oppression the Synchro dimension does. Tsukikage's dialogue indicates that his behavior is driven by honor, whereas the Security seems to be more like the heartless enforcers of oppression Shinji's used to.
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: Tsukikage's dueling strategy is to hold off enemy attacks and use "Illusion Ninjitsu Art of Hazy Shuriken" to quickly find and discard Action Cards to deal effect damage for each one. He only does 300 damage at a time this way, but with his speed he can quickly find several Action Cards, and the damage piles up.
- Not So Different: Shinji says that ninjas like Tsukikage are no different from Security, just following orders not caring who they hurt.
- Not So Stoic: Shinji's above accusation is the first time Tsukikage really gets angry, because ninjas have honor to uphold and are more than just thugs.
- Wham Line: The last line from Reiji implies he wants the Lancers to lose and be sent to the labor facility.
- Wham Shot: In tandem with the above, after the duel ends we see the Action Card Tsukikage found as Shinji attacked; Evasion. He lost on purpose.
- Zerg Rush: Shinji's deck relies on summoning his Bee Force monsters en masse to set up his Synchro Summons. He compares them to the Commons citizens; bees are weak and powerless alone, but together they can create something powerful.