With the prison break from the Facility underway, Yuya, Chojiro and Shingo climb the air ducts, but Shingo leads them to the roof, where they're met by the three members of the Arrest Corps, the elite guards that track down escaping inmates. The three unleash a horde of Goyo Defenders against them and summon the strongest Goyo monster, Goyo King. The heroes duel them while continuing to escape, and the intervention of Gongenzaka and Kurosaki saves them. Dennis and Serena also reunite with them.
The group's escape is cut short when Jean-Michel Roget arrives with a massive force of Security and takes them prisoner again. However, they're saved when Roget is contacted by the Executive Council, the leaders of the City who tell him to bring the group to them. Reiji has already been in talks with the Council about the interdimensional war, and while they have their doubts, they will have the Lancers entered in the Friendship Cup to see how strong they are and if they are reliable allies.
Roget, still smarting over having his authority overridden, suggests Yuya faces Jack Atlas, the Duel King, in a traditional exhibition Riding Duel that's to take place before the tournament.
This episode contains examples of:
- Big Damn Heroes: Once again, Kurosaki arrives to deal a One-Hit KO to several enemies and save the Lancers.
- Call-Back: "Xyz monsters have no levels" "What!? If it has no level, doesn't it make it a level 0!?" This was first said by Berserker Yuya and Kachidoki, and was repeated here by Kurosaki and the Arrest Force.
- Evil Is Petty: Roget offers Yuya up to duel Jack pretty much just to be a dick. It is later Subverted as the later episodes reveal that Roget did it to test Jack's strength as he planned on taking Jack down later.
- King Mook: Goyo King, the strongest Goyo monster of the series.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg: Crow, Shinji and Chojiro are being lumped in with the Lancers; they protest they're not the ones from another dimension.
- Pet the Dog: When Roget hears Yuya mention Yuzu, he tells Yuya that Yuzu has evaded capture by Security, and is also entered in the Friendship Cup. It's probably the nicest thing he's done in the series so far.
- Putting the Band Back Together: With the group reuniting with Reiji, Reira and Tsukikage, the eight Lancers are together again for the first time since coming to the Synchro Dimension.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: The Executive Council are willing to trust the Lancers, or at least give them a chance to prove trustworthy. This of course makes sense as they already know about alternative dimensions and the Academia before the Lancers knew.
- Tournament Arc: This episode seals the Lancers getting involved in the Friendship Cup (as though there was doubt about it before).
- Villain Ball: Roget seems to be trying to avoid forging a military alliance in war time with an ally who knows far more about their enemy then they do and has better weapons (more advanced solid-light technology and a broader range of summoning types available). The only explanations are he doesn't believe them, he wants to side with the Fusion Dimension, or he's got a hold on this trope.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The episode reveals where Reiji was during the previous episodes; getting in to talk to the Executive Council and debrief them about the interdimensional war.