While escaping from Yuri in the Battle Royale, Yuzu was teleported away with Yugo. Now she awakens in the Synchro Dimension in Yugo's homeland, simply named "City." Yugo explains that a man with his face (Yuri) abducted Rin, and when Clear Wing Synchro Dragon allowed him to cross dimensions to pursue the attacker, he encountered Yuto and presumed he was the culprit. Yuzu explains to him the nature of the four dimensions, and how there seem to be dimensional counterparts for the two of them that look like each other — Yuya and Yuzu, Yuto and Ruri, Yuri and Serena, and Yugo and Rin. Somehow, Yuzu's counterparts are key to Academia's plan to fuse the four dimensions into one, and her bracelet reacts to the various Yuya counterparts, teleporting them between dimensions when more than one of them approaches her.
Up to speed, Yugo suggests using Yuzu's bracelet that can teleport them to invade the Fusion Dimension to rescue, but Yuzu admits she doesn't understand how it works and can't control it, and Yugo says the same for his Clear Wing Synchro Dragon. As Yugo reminisces about Rin, the calm is interrupted when they're spotted by citizens of the area, who tell them the area is forbidden to them. Yugo and Yuzu ride away on Yugo's D-Wheel, and Yugo explains the City is very socially imbalanced. The luxurious skyscrapers and floating cities around them are the Tops, inhabited by the wealthy 1% of the city that can afford it. Everyone else lives in slums beneath the cities and highways and are seen as Commons. Yugo looks up to Jack Atlas, a Commons who won a dueling tournament to become the Duel King, winning his way to the Tops, and Yugo hopes to do the same.
Tops Security catches up to them, demanding they pull over. When Yugo refuses, the head of security authorizes the officer to commence a duel to force Yugo to break. The pursuing officer, Duel Chaser 227, activates Speed World Neo, beginning a Riding Duel.
This episode contains examples of:
- Foreshadowing: Yuzu states that Yuya, Yuto, Yugo and Yuri are driven towards each other. She was 100% correct.
- Hero Antagonist: Yugo is retroactively revealed to have been one in Season 1. His rivalry with Yuto wasn't malicious, it was out of confusion. Yugo thought Yuto was the man he had seen kidnapping Rin (it was Yuri, but with Yuri's hair and clothes hidden in a Black Cloak, Yugo mistook Yuto for Yuri when he saw him), and Yuto thinks Yugo is an ally of the Fusion Dimension due to his name (His name "ユーゴ, Yūgo" is pronounced similarly to the "ゆうごう, Yūgō" of Fusion cards.). In the end, Yugo and Yuto are Not So Different, it was just misunderstanding that led to them being enemies.
- Let's You and Him Fight/Manipulative Bastard: Yuri set up Yugo and Yuto's rivalry by arranging for them to meet.
- Mr. Exposition: Yugo and Yuzu act like one to each other. Yugo tells Yuzu of his childhood with Rin, how Rin was kidnapped by Yuri, how his rivalry with Yuto began, how City works and concludes some of these things after telling her what he knows while Yuzu tells Yugo about the people that resemble them, her bracelet, the Academia and the Resistance.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Yugo has an underplayed instance of this when he realizes from Yuzu's exposition that he's been pursuing and attacking an innocent person all this time thanks to the mix-up of Yuto and Yuri.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Even after he finds out she isn't Rin, Yugo is very touchy with Yuzu.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Yugo is quick to clear up this confusion when Yuzu says so of Rin.
- Ship Tease:
- Yugo's not very convincing when he said Rin wasn't his girlfriend.
- Yuzu breaks down when she's forced to admit that Yuya isn't in the Synchro Dimension.