As the Maiami Championship Tournament finishes, Reiji divulges the full purpose of the MCS; to create a group of extraordinary Duelists so that they can fight back against the invading Fusion Dimension soldiers. However, Yuya, still reeling over the loss of Michio and Teppei, as well as the very real possibility that Yuzu has been carded by the Obelisk Force, gets incredibly angry and demands to Duel Reiji in order to express his frustration and to defy Reiji. The rematch between Reiji and Yuya begins!
This episode contains the examples of:
- Berserk Button: Yuya does not take the fact that Reiji essentially decided to make them child soldiers against their will, as well as being somewhat responsible for those who were carded due to his own negligence and that 2000 LP fine, particularly well. He is quite justifiably angry.
- Broken Pedestal: This episode destroys what little love and respect Serena had for the Academia when she heard directly from Kurosaki what they did to the Xyz Dimension. This solidifies her HeelFace Turn and she joins the Lancers in the next episode.
- Living Emotional Crutch: Further evidence is provided that Yuzu played this part to Yuya. She was his friend and supported him no matter what.
- Oh, Crap!: Dennis has this thought when he sees how powerful Reiji is and that his status as the mole might be revealed.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Yuya spends the first few minutes crying due to Yuzu's disappearance, as well as what he experienced over the MCS Arc. However, he quickly gets angry, punches Reiji who blocked it, and doesn't even go after an Action Card during his turn. Yeah, Yuya DOESN'T BOTHER with trying to get an Action Card. Be afraid.
- Smug Smiler: Reiji spends a lot of this episode with a shit eating grin.
- Took a Level in Badass: Yuya, compared to the first time he and Reiji dueled. He manages to Summon Rune-Eyes and Beast-Eyes in one turn, and very nearly defeats Reiji if not for Reiji's counter. This is probably going to be a much more equal match than before.
- Unstoppable Rage: Yuya is very aggressive in this episode. but honestly he has every right to be.
- Wham Shot: In the english opening you see Jack Atlas and his Red Dragon Fiend, althought is mostly dark and covered in shadows. In episode 54, however, we are clearly shown him and a shot of Crow Hogan working at his D-Wheel.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Everyone, from Gongenzaka to Kurosaki call out Reiji on his actions during the MCS Arc. However, Yuya actually duels him over this, making their Duel an Up to Eleven version of this trope.