As Yuzu goes against Mikiyo Naname (Micky Starlett), LDS notices that Hokuto has gone missing. Camera footage and evidence of "summoning energy" reveals the perpetrator to be a mysterious girl in a hood who looks just like Yuzu and apparently uses Fusion. The same girl is later spotted around a duel involving last year's Junior Youth Champion — who apparently is an Xyz summoner. The mysterious girl and her mysterious servant show up to corner him, only for Reiji to show up and help the boy escape, locking down the area in the process.
The large man, Barrett, duels Reiji instead of the girl. Reiji uses a combination of his various summoning methods to defeat Barrett, and the girl turns to leave. However, Reiji calls out to her, Serena (Celina), and asks her to wait.
Meanwhile, most of Yuzu's duel happens off-screen, but she wins and advances to the next round.
This episode provides examples of:
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Serena took down Hokuto on her own, so we know she's at least a capable duelist.
- Lower-Deck Episode: The focus is taken off the tournament to instead focus on Reiji's actions behind the scenes of the tournament. Yuzu's duel is only seen in pieces.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: Yuzu's duel was apparently an exciting Yugioh standard, as by the end she's down to a few hundred life points while her opponent is still going strong. The audience only gets to see a few seconds of it and part where she turns the entire duel around, instead focusing on the plot.
- Old Soldier: Barrett's entire deck is military-based.
- Soldier vs. Warrior: Averted completely. Barrett is a soldier who refers to himself as a warrior and his scars and medals as evidence of his skills as a warrior. He seems to see the two as one.
- Stay in the Kitchen: Barrett's flashback reveals he's the first bodyguard not to demand this of Serena.