Yuya faces his second opponent, a trivia master named Eita Kyuando (Pierre L'Supérieure) and ace student of Clarity Duel Schoo, a prestigious prep school. The Action Field is full of Action Trap Quiz cards, and Yuya's poor knowledge of math and science result in multiple Life Point penalties when he gets the answers wrong. Kyuando however just keeps answering them right and gaining more and more Life Points while using a two-pronged combo to destroy Yuya's monsters and power up his own.
Tropes applying to this episode include:
- Description Cut:
- "Yuya, are you good at quizzes?"
- Please sit on the chairs properly.
- Informed Ability: In the dub, Kyuando (Pierre) is supposedly so intelligent his IQ cannot be measured, yet when on the Quiz field he uses a trick question to destroy Yuya's monster, and answers 'trivia' questions that are in reality really bad jokes. 'Trivia for 500' asks whether comedians make the best doctors (because laughter is the best medicine); while 'Trivia for 1000' asks where the car would take a man on the hottest day of the year (the carpool). At least in the original the quiz traps were riddles which required some degree of knowledge to interpret, but even then Kyuando's true ability is to memorize an enormous amount of information, not actual logic.
- Insufferable Genius: Kyuando. So, so much, topping Hokuto in the Jerkass department.
- Mood Whiplash: Nico Smiley interrupts Yuya's thoughts by getting in his face, asking questions, climbing all over the furniture...
- Omniglot: Kyuando claims to know over 100 languages.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: An entire crowd full of people wearing them.
- Serious Business: For once, not card games. Kyuando is very passionate about quizzes.
- Xanatos Gambit: Kyuando pulls a minor one with his "Quiz Monkey" card. The card requires the opponent to guess how many "Quiz" monsters will be on the field at the end of the Battle Phase. However, he has a Continuous Trap that can negate battle damage and destruction once per turn at his discretion. No matter what the opponent guesses, Kyuando will just choose to activate his Trap's effect or not, thus changing if Quiz Monkey will be on the field or not. There's no correct answer to the Monkey's question, because Kyuando can effectively change the answer. However, it's unclear if the answer has to be an exact number, so an answer like "not more than five" or "at least zero" could do the trick.