Edo and Kaito intrude Yugo and Yuris Duel, intensifying the battle. However, Edo, who learned about the true joy of Dueling from Yuya, fights with everything he got using a new monster in order to save Yuya, and Yugo and Yuri, who are being consumed by the darkness that is Zarc. At that moment, Yugos mental state changes...
Something unexpected happens during the Duel...
Having forgotten his original objective to save Rin, Yugo is now completely focused on his Duel against Yuri. Due to Edos attack, the black aura disappears...
This episode contains the following tropes:
- All Up to You: Edo and Kaito protect a freed Yugo to defeat Awakened Yuri.
- Antagonist Title: Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon.
- Character Development: This episode did a good job of showing both Sora and Edo's character development.
- Edo has become something of a Warrior Therapist. He spends his time trying to save Yugo and believes that Yugo can free himself.
- Sora's flashback shows just how cocky he used to be.
- Darkest Hour: The Arc-V is starting to fuse the Bracelet Girls while Zarc is still trying to absorb the Dragon Boys.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Edo spends the Duel getting through to Yugo.
- Good Counterpart: Edo's new ace monster Destiny Hero Duskutopia Guy is one to Destiny Hero Dystopia Guy. This is shown by their effects while Duskutopia has defensive effects, Dystopia has offensive effects.
- Good Hurts Evil: Edo's new monster that represents his new understanding in the wonders of dueling is able to free Yugo and seriously pissed off Awakened Yuri.
- Hero Killer: Downplayed. Yuri was able to defeat Edo and Kaito but has not carded them yet.
- Hope Spot: Edo is successfully able to save Yugo for now but due to Yuri's Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon, he defeated Edo and Kaito leaving the fight to only Yugo now.
- Idiot Ball: Edo grabs it hard when he focuses all his energy on defeating Yugo. He completely ignores Yuri despite the fact he's just as vulnerable, and as a result Yuri is able to get through three turns with nothing to protect him (his face-down was unusable, not they they knew that but still) and then pull out a win against Edo and Kaito on his turn. Yugo isn't much better; at least he has the excuse of being Awakened.
- Invincible Hero: Averted. Kaito's streak has been broken with his lost to Yuri.
- Invincible Villain: Yuri keeps his track going with his victories over Kaito and Edo.
- Light Is Good: Edo's new ace Destiny Hero Duskutopia Guy is a golden monster that radiates light and represents Edo's understanding of dueling wonders. It's light was able to free Yugo and piss off an Awakened Yuri.
- One Hit Poly Kill: Yuri tried to defeat Yugo, Edo and Kaito at the same time due to Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon's effect. Edo used his monster's effect to save Yugo from losing.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: Whatever Edo's monster did not only freed Yugo from Zarc's grasp seriously pissed off an Awakened Yuri to the point of calling Edo a "scumbag".
- Taking You with Me: Greedy Venom Dragon's second effect. If it is destroyed all monsters are destroyed and their owners lose life points based on their attack points.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Yugo using Crystal Wing to cancel Greedy Venom's effect ended up taking Kaito and Edo out of the duel and would have taken him out too if not for Edo's monster's effect.