Yuya fights against Zarc, who is trying to consume him. Meanwhile, Reiji boldly confronts Leo in order to stop his ambition.
As the twos respective battles rage on, Yugo and Yuri confront each other in another place. When the four dragons are summoned to their respective Fields, they begin to resonate, as if heralding the Devil's resurrection.
This episode contains the following tropes:
- Batman Gambit: Leo used one on Reiji, showing he understands his son better than Reiji expected.
- Big Damn Heroes: Just before Yuya could finish off Leo and Reiji with Entermate Nightmare Knight's effect, Yusho intervenes, restrains Yuya onto a pillar using an illegal card given to him by Leo, and forces the Duel to conclude without a winner.
- Chekhov's Gun: The card that Yusho was about to grab last episode comes into play here.
- Darkest Hour: The Arc-V machine is starting to fuse the bracelet girls back into Ray, and Zarc begins to take action by absorbing Yuya and Yuto.
- Deconstruction: Living Emotional Crutch is deconstructed by the Bracelet Girls. Yes, the bracelet girls can appeal to the Dragon Boys' better nature but if they are in danger, the boys will focus on their safety above all else even the girls' wishes.
- Fighting from the Inside: Yuya spends the entire episode fighting from Zarc's control.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: We see from a shot of Leo's Duel Disk that his "Master Spirit Tech Force - Pendulum Ruler" is a Fusion-Pendulum Monster. This makes him the first character in the series who isn't Yuya to use an Extra Deck-Pendulum Monster.
- Game-Breaking Bug: Using an illegal card will turn off the Real Solid Vision. The card Yusho used, Binding Swords of Impact, was bugged so even after the Real Solid Vision was turned off for the other cards, said illegal card's projection remains active.
- Godzilla Threshold: Reiji telling an Awakened Yuya to pulverize Leo might not end well for both sides. To be fair though, with Arc-V nearing completion with every second the Duel goes on, Reiji is desperate enough to finish the job with any means he can use at the moment, so he could save Yuya from Zarc later.
- Good Parents: Yusho proved him as this when he stops Yuya from defeating Leo at the cost of hurting Reiji so he wouldn't be absorbed by Zarc and makes a point that he'll save his son.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Both Reiji and Yusho state that Leo has become just as bad as Zarc.
- Hope Spot: The bracelet girls were able to calm Awakened Yuya and it seemed like he was going to regain control. Then Leo starts Arc-V, which starts the fusion of the girls causing Yuya and Yuto to awaken again.
- Kick the Dog: Since Yugo and Yuri are still Dueling with their Dimension Dragons summoned, Zarc is trying to consume them along with Yuya and Yuto.
- Not the Intended Use: Yusho uses an old test card to trigger the anti-cheating protocols and end the duel without a winner.
- "Reason You Suck" Speech: Reiji gives one to Leo stating that he's the true demon not Yuya.
- Ship Tease:
- Yuzu spends the episode worried over Yuya and refuses to believe that he's gone. Her plea was able to reach an Awakened Yuya.
- Ruri was happy when she saw Dark Rebellion, realizing that Yuto is inside of Yuya, like Yuzu she refuses to believe that Yuto is gone. When she was about to fuse, Yuto was angered to reawaken.
- Split-Personality Takeover: Zarc is attempting this by absorbing all four of the Dragon Boys
- Talking the Monster to Death: The Bracelet Girls are almost did this to Awakened Yuya. It wasn't till Leo started Arc-V and started fusing the girls when it failed.
- Unfriendly Fire: Averted. Yuya's final move would have caused this on Reiji.
- Voices Are Mental: Downplayed example but when Zarc takes control, Yuya's voices become much deeper.
- The Worf Effect: Poor Reiji gets put through the ringer in this duel with Leo countering every single one of his moves.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Reiji attempts this on Yuya.