Dick Grayson gathers a squad to shut down meta-human trafficking.
- Foot Popping: M'gann does this when she and Conner kiss.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Black Lightning's reaction to accidentally killing a fourteen year old girl.
- Mythology Gag: When Black Lightning calls out Batman for his stunt and refuses to join him, he sarcastically refers to Batman's little plan as "Batman Incorporated".
- Noodle Incident: Green Arrow bring ups an incident in Rhelasia that could have been prevented had the restrictions by Luthor not interfered.
- Once a Season: Like the season 2 opener, "Happy New Year", the episode starts by replaying scene from the previous finale, in this case showing Dick leaving the team after Wally's death.
- Related in the Adaptation: Black Lightning's ex-wife, Lynn Stewart is the sister of John Stewart, Green Lantern. This was planned when she first appeared in the comics, but never materialized.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Due to the Villain with Good Publicity interfering with League affairs, Batman, Green Arrow and several like minded individuals leave the group to continue the mission.
- Superhuman Trafficking: Of Markovian children.
- Time Skip: Takes place two years after the end of season 2.
- The Voice: Oracle is heard, but does not show up onscreen.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: Subverted. When Black Lightning accidentally kills the lava creature, everyone including him is horrified even before they find out she was actually a human child (which is logical, since several Justice League members are aliens or non-humans).
- What the Hell, Hero?: Both Black Canary and Black Lightning call out Batman and Green Arrow for callously abandoning the Justice League.