A group of Russian generals attempt to restore the Soviet Union with the aid of Omega Red, an old enemy of Wolverine.
This episode provides examples of:
- '80s Hair: Darkstar's blonde hair is done in a thick manner that rivals that of Storm.
- Big Damn Heroes:
- Jubilee's attempt to help a store clerk getting harassed by the Friends of Humanity goes poorly, but then Colossus enters.
- At the prison, Omega Red ensnares Illyana and smacks Colossus down. Wolverine then arrives.
- The Cameo: Maverick appears in Wolverine's flashback. Together, they stopped Omega Red decades ago. In the same flashback, Captain America appears in a computer screen in the lab in which Omega Red was created.
- Combat Tentacles: Omega Red has two, one emerging from each arm, which he uses to fight.
- Dirty Communists: The generals, who try to reconquer the former Soviet nations by force. And Omega Red, who seeks also seeks to restore the Soviet "Empire" but under his own rule.
- Dragon with an Agenda: Omega Red has no interest in being just an enforcer of the generals.
- Early-Bird Cameo: For Captain America, whose image appears in a screen.
- Evil Albino: Omega Red has snow-white skin, red eyes, and is evil to the core.
- Evil Counterpart: Omega Red is one to both Captain America (both are Super Soldiers) and to Wolverine (due to both possessing Healing Factor)
- Colossus recalls his life on the farm and saving Illyana from getting crushed by a tractor.
- A brief one of Omega Red's creation and Wolverine and Maverick facing him.
- HeelFace Turn: Darkstar begins the episode as a follower of the generals, but betrays them once she realizes how evil Omega Red really is.
- Healing Factor: Omega Red has one.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Omega Red sees all the chaos and destruction he's causing as creating the order that the people wanted.
- Motive Rant: After Darkstar says the generals instructed them to simply exile a country's parliament.Omega Red: Instructed? The people instruct me. In this chaos of this union, the people are frightened. They demand the return to the iron hand of a true ruler. My iron hand.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Colossus saved Illyana from a tractor by using his powers and smashing it. However, the tractor was state property and damage was typically blamed on disloyal citizens. Colossus left the country rather risk his family getting punished by the government.
- Patriotic Fervor: Omega Red seeks to restore the Soviet Union and purge the current Russian "weaklings" that led to The Great Politics Mess-Up.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Omega Red had spent decades frozen inside a Soviet facility.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!:Omega Red: [to Colossus] Fool! You cannot stop me!
Wolverine: [entering] I can, ya stinkin' octopus! Just like last time.
- Super Soldier: Omega Red was created as the Soviet version of Captain America.
- Token Good Teammate: Darkstar is collaborating with the generals believing it is for the good of the people
- Utopia Justifies the Means: Omega Red believes the recent political upheaval has left people scared and confused, thus requiring an iron hand.
- Vampiric Draining: Omega Red's can drain the lifeforce of others with his tendrils.