Toad steals Nightcrawler's image inducer to try and impress Wanda.
This episode provides examples of:
- Antenna Adjusting: When Quicksilver is ordering the Brotherhood around, he has Toad move around with the tv antenna on the roof. He tells him to hold his position just as Toad is struggling not to fall off.
- Antagonistic Offspring: Magneto notes how having one constantly gunning for him is making his work rather difficult.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Toad ended up slipping to Wanda that Pietro is hiding in a closet.Pietro: Thanks a lot, wart boy!
- Also when he almost told Wanda about her past after she has her memories of that moment being erased and replaced with new ones. But Pietro stops before he can.
- Dirty Coward: Pietro gladly barks orders at the Brotherhood and reminds them his dad protects him. Then he sees Wanda walking up to the house and immediately hides in the closet.
- Enemy Mine: With Wanda locked up in a secure facility, Toad goes to Nightcrawler for some teleportation help. Nightcrawler isn't exactly pleased.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Magneto insists that he does love Wanda and regrets that he wasn't able to help her. Wanda is incredulous to say the least.
- Fake Memories: Magneto has Mastermind replace all of Wanda's bad memories with good ones. For example, Wanda being dragged into the asylum is replaced with a family picnic.
- Hates Baths: Toad, after slipping on a sink.Toad: EW! I touched soap!
- Not So Different: Toad pointed out he and Nightcrawler are like this.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Nightcrawler attempted to bail out in rescuing Wanda when he found out Toad lied to him about his inducer not being with him. After some persuasion, he changes his mind.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: When it's all over, Wanda is still disgusted by Toad (not undeserved, either, since he again pulled a holo-inducer trick on her). Nightcrawler admits the guy is a slimy worm but points out he still risked his life to save her, so Wanda gives Toad a genuine smile and thank you.