While on a fishing trip, the Bears get attacked by a giant legendary fish.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The goldfish has grown to the size of a boat. Panda points out that goldfish generally only grow to be about two feet long.
- The Catfish: The captain has been after the giant goldfish for months. In the end, rather than catching it, the captain goes with it and becomes its friend.
- Chekhov's Gun: Early on, Panda makes a big deal out of his new cell phone case and how tough it is. It ends up saving his life.
- Cue Card Pause: Ice Bear reads the instructions for the life raft to place it in the water... after pulling the inflation tab.
- Dead Hat Shot: There's a shot of the plastic sword Ice Bear borrowed floating in the water, leaving Grizzly and Panda worried that their brother got eaten by the giant fish.
- Dressed to Plunder: Grizz spends much of the episode wearing a pirate hat and hook hand.
- Hand Wave: When the Bears try to figure out what caused the goldfish to get so big, "Global warming" is the best Ice Bear could come up with.
- Lampshade Hanging: During his panicked attempt to call the authorities, Panda points out the tendency for weird things to happen to him and his brothers by yelling "Why does this always happen?!"
- Not Quite Dead: Turns out the Bears' pet goldfish wasn't as dead as they thought.
- Shout-Out: "Ice Bear feels shame. In the membrane." (Doubles as Waxing Lyrical.)
- Split-Screen Reaction: When the captain gets swallowed by the giant goldfish, there's a three-way reaction shot from the bears.
- Taking the Bullet: The bears jump in front of the harpoon to protect the fish. It pierces through Panda's life jacket, but is stopped by his cell phone case.