- And I Must Scream: Tez traps Victor in one of his magic mirrors and intended to keep him there forever. Val almost ends up with the same fate, but is able to free Victor and trap Tez instead.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Played for laughs. Valentino believes Tez is just an illusionist/trickster as opposed to an actual magician, although some of the explanations he comes up with for Tez's "tricks" are just as absurd. For example, when Tez asks the brothers to silently think of their favorite animals, Vic comes up with a zombie warthog while Val comes up with a Eurasian magpie. When small statues of these animals with invitations turn out to be hidden in their pockets, Val theorizes that Tez had someone ask them earlier what their favorite animals were then snuck these statues in their pockets when they weren't looking, ignoring that one, Val probably would've remembered that happening, and two, these animals are very specific.
- Can't Get Away with Nuthin': The episode ends with Victor and Valentino returning home only to find that Chata is waiting for them, having discovered their decoys.
- Exact Words: After Victor tells Tez how cool he is, Tez says that he admires his spark and hopes that he'll become a great magician like him one day, "[he] really does...". It doesn't mean he'll let it happen.
- Faux Affably Evil: Tez acts like a Cool Old Guy towards Victor and Valentino, but he actually wants to trap them in his mirrors forever so that he can unleash some sort of evil on the town without them interfering, all while keeping up his amicable facade.
- Hidden Agenda Villain: What Tez has in store for Monte Macabre is currently unknown, but it involves a mysterious giant monster and he needs to get Vic and Val out of the picture to ensure he will succeed.
- Hoist by His Own Petard:
- Val distracts Tez by feigning curiosity about his smoke, prompting Tez to produce smoke while he can't see Val freeing Victor.
- Tez's reflections turn against him and he ends up trapped in one of his magic mirrors.
- Kick the Dog: When Tez asks for volunteers for his magic trick, he ignores Charlene and Pineapple raising their hands in favor of bringing up Victor and Valentino, although this may just be because he was focusing on getting rid of the brothers and not necessarily because he was deliberately ignoring his grandchildren.
- Noodle Incident: Chata and Tez have met in the past and she hates him just as much as she hates Maria Teresa.
- Villain Song: "Tez Sez".
- Would Hurt a Child: Tez intended on imprisoning Vic and Val in his magical mirrors because they would have gotten in the way of his evil plans involving Monte Macabre.
- You Remind Me of X: Tez tells Victor that his spark reminds him of himself when he was his age.
Recap / Victor And Valentino S 1 E 31 Tez Sez