Alan reluctantly agrees to a makeover after running into his ex-wife and her new beau; when the brothers go shopping, they clash over what to buy.
- Double Entendre: Charlie making a joke about Judith's sexuality when Alan loses his appetite. "I don't want a cherry slurpee! Are you sure? Because I think Phil's gonna get one."
- Comically Missing the Point: When he's telling Jake and Rose that Charlie dropped him off because they got into a disagreement, Roses asks Alan if it was about the dorky shoes that clash with the rest of Alan's outfit.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Charlie thinks Judith is this considering how feminine she's dressed and mistakes a tomboyish woman next to her for her date. Then Phil walks in.
- No Bisexuals: Again, no one considers the possibility of Judith being possibly bi when she's discovers on a date with Jake's male soccer coach Phil despite being gay.
- Suddenly Sexuality: Alan discusses this with Charlie after running into his "gay" ex-wife Judith on a date with Jake's soccer coach Phil and complains that she zigzagged back and forth from "straight to gay to straight" again without even giving lesbianism a chance.
- Title Drop: From Alan describing his careers. Though unused due to the scene being deleted.
- The Missus and the Ex: Alan awkwardly runs into his ex wife Judith while she's on a date at the movie theater.