In an attempt to prove that he is a family man, Charlie invites Lisa (Denise Richards) over for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Charlie tries and fails to win over Lisa who still decides to get married to her fiancée.
- Forced Out of the Closet: While having a talk with Sheldon and Lenore, Evelyn accidentally outs Judith as a lesbian to them, leading to a big argument.
- Girl of the Week: Lisa, to Charlie.
- I Have No Son!: Judith's mother Lenore is not happy to hear that her daughter is a lesbian. In fact, she bursts into tears every time she talks about it.
- I Want Grandkids: Lenore laments how she is thankful that Judith gave her at least one grandchild before she became a lesbian. Then she bursts into tears all over again.
- Reality Subtext: Charlie (Charlie Sheen) tells Alan that Lisa (Denise Richards) is the only person that he may marry. Charlie Sheen was married to Denise Richards as of this episode's release year.
- Remember the New Guy?: In a conversation with his brother Alan, it's regarded that Charlie's love interest and ex Lisa (in her debut) used to live at the Harper beach house, then she moved out, then she lived there again only for Charlie to move out and at one point, neither one of them lived together at the Harper beach house.
- Screw the Electric Bill!: Charlie, exhausted from the drama, turns out the light and climbs up to bed. Then, the camera pans to reveal the rest of the family, still at the dinner table, wondering what just happened.
- The Masochism Tango: Lisa refers to this as she's tired of her dysfunctional relationship with Charlie.