When Barbara's art obsession leads to an "aha!" Moment, she demands Jim tell her the truth. Dictatious reveals Gunmar's plans to resurrect Angor Rot.
- Cassandra Truth: Barbara's attempts at telling Claire's parents and Toby's Nana what they have been doing only make her look crazy. It is not until she convinces Jim and the others to show them the truth do they believe her.
- Nobody believes Dictatious when he tells them that his former allies are trying to kill him, thinking he led the goblins to Jim's house on purpose.
- Continuity Nod: Mr. Nunez brings up their lack of furniture.
- Toby tells his Nana the truth about AAARRRGGHH!!!
- Eureka Moment: Barbara has this after finishing her painting of Jim in his armor, suddenly remembering a large portion of her encounter with Jim's double-life.
- It's All About Me: Claire's mom thinks her extended work hours led her daughter astray. But Claire tells her the world doesn't revolve around her.
- LARP: One of the excuses for their weapons that the trio make is that they do this during lunchtime. Which to Claire's dad is just as bad as doing drugs.
- Mistaken for Cat: Nana mistaken the goblins for these and tries handing them cookies.
- Overprotective Dad: Claire's dad admits that them going out to risk their lives fighting trolls was a lot better than what he thought they were doing in secret.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Barbara after remembering her Troll ordeal. She doesn't want to stop Jim but wants to help him and thinks that Toby and Claire's parents/guardian have a right to know their children are in life or death battles on a regular basis in case the worst should happen
- Secret Keeper: Barbara, Toby's Nana and Claire's parents end up becoming this by the end.
- Seeking Sanctuary: Dictatious is forced to go to his brother for protection from the blood goblins sent by Usurna to kill him, ending up leading them to Jim's home with Barbara, Nana and Claire's parents there.
- Show, Don't Tell: When Jim, Toby and Claire decide to tell the truth, they do so by demonstrating their weapons and their magical properties.
- There Are No Therapists: Averted. Mrs. Nunez recommends one to Barbara when she talks about how their children are involved in a secret underground colony of Trolls.
- Wham Line:Claire: ...to find Merlin's tomb, you're gonna have to destroy your Amulet.