Toby and Darci ask Jim and Claire on a Double Date. Gunmar returns from his travels, now armed with the knowledge to bring forth the Eternal Night.
- Big Damn Heroes: NotEnrique saves Jim from being sucked into one Morgana's portals by knocking her out with a frying pan.
- Bad Date: Due to Toby's unintentional psyching out, Jim acts out nervously throughout the whole thing, accidentally pulling out Claire's seat from under her, devolving into Gratuitous Spanish at random intervals, etc.
- Continuity Nod: "Claire, if you're seeing this, I did not mess up your house again."
- Demonic Possession: Claire becomes possessed halfway through the Double Date by Morgana, taking the chance to try and kill Jim at Claire's house.
- The Door Slams You: Strickler gets a rather comical one when he tries entering the Lake household to apologize to Barbara.
- Enemy Rising Behind: In an almost Scream-like moment of lamp shading, Jim is watching a Slasher Movie where he is pleading to the protagonist to look behind them while a Morgana-possessed Claire conjured a portal behind him with the attempt of spearing him through the back.
- Epic Fail: The moment Morgana reveals herself of possessing Claire becomes this as Jim states that he has never heard of her.
Morgana: I am Morgana!
Morgana: The Eldritch Queen, Baba Yaga, The Pale Lady... ugh! I have many names!
Jim: Sorry, still drawing a blank.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: A stray cat hisses at Morgana/Claire's general direction. She hisses right back.
- Expy: The footage that NotEnrique took of Claire's supernatural behavior is similar to the found-footage horror film Paranormal Activity.
- Groin Attack: "Rule three, rule three!" (crunch) "The other rule three."
- Horror Hunger: Morgana (in Claire's body) devours her dinner like a rabid wolf face-first.
- Liar Revealed: When Gunmar returns from his meeting with Morgana, he outs Dictatious for the fraud he really is. It is only through AAARRRGGHH!!! blowing his own cover to save him that he even survived.
- The Man in the Mirror Talks Back: To creepy effect, Claire's reflection starts talking back to her, Morgana using it as a means of communicating with her.
- Nobody Poops: Toby claims that girls go to the bathroom together when they are conspiring to dumping their dates.
Toby: Girls don't pee, they conspire! They'll talk about us and that's when things will go south.
- Out-of-Character Alert: Jim briefly becomes suspicious when Claire calls the Skathe-Hrün by its actual name, rather than her "shadow staff."
- Reality Ensues: Strickler goes to Barbara to apologize for his "absence". She slams the door in his face and turns down his apology.
- Save the Villain: AAARRRGGHH!!! saves Dictatious, at the cost of getting caught himself, because he says Blinky needs to know what Dictatious knows about the Endless Night.
- Slasher Smile: Claire (under possession) gives a rather unnerving one throughout their date. Toby chocks it up to Claire flirting and that Jim should not worry.
- Take That!: NotEnrique observing the footage of sleeping/possessed Claire sounds like a cheap direct to video sequel is a rather naked Take That! at the (usually considered inferior) sequels and spin-offs to Paranormal Activity.
- Transformation of the Possessed:
- Verbal Tic: It is revealed that Jim's Gratuitous Spanish is this, especially if Claire is there.
- Villain Ball: Morgana grabs it by openly admitting to Claire that she's possessing Claire's body to kill the Trollhunter, and then knocking out NotEnrique. She could have just spied on the date and studied Jim's weaknesses, with neither of them the wiser. It turns out Jim survives the attempt on his life, and in the next episode the Trollhunters succeed in expelling Morgana from Claire's body.
- Voices Are Mental: Claire's voice changes while she is possessed by Morgana, who tries to Handwave it by saying her cold has returned.
- Who Are You?: When Morgana tells Jim who she is in a dramatic fashion, Jim responds with a resounding "who?" She then tries listing her various other names, only to get a pillow to the face.
- Willfully Weak: Jim attacks Morgana with pillows because he does not want to hurt Claire.
Claire: I am your doo— [Has a pillow thrown at her.] Did you just hit me with a— [Is hit with another.] pillow?
Jim: I'm not gonna hurt Claire.