Agent Fowler steps into General Bryce's office to provide some explanations. Bryce first asks about Optimus Prime's recent death, and Fowler clarifies that the body the military have is Nemesis Prime, though Bryce has trouble swallowing it. Fowler explains a bit about MECH and wonders if some of MECH's men are special forces like Silas. Under further questioning, Fowler relates more about the Autobots and their war, and his own involvement in helping Team Prime. Bryce asks him to run through the identities of the Autobots in Team Prime, and comes to the death of Cliffjumper. Bryce reiterates that all they have to go on regarding Optimus Prime's recent defection to the Decepticons is Fowler's report, and the current debriefing is a result of concerns about the potential danger the Autobots pose, with the possibility of a military tribunal later and potentially the termination of Team Prime.
Fowler insists that the Autobots are very careful about protecting humans, but lets slip about the kids. He quickly covers the mistake by claiming they're civilians working with the Autobots and valuable team members, carefully leaving out the fact that they're minors. Bryce seems mollified, but asks why Megatron hasn't been terminated yet, which leads Fowler to mention Unicron. Bryce decides that Fowler needs a psychological evaluation, though after Fowler clarifies that he didn't say "unicorn", the evaluation is called off. Fowler also relays how both Starscream and Airachnid have gone rogue, and that the Autobots have gained valuable intel from the former. Though he says Optimus thinks Dreadwing could be converted, Fowler doesn't agree. When questioned about Optimus's recent defection, Fowler is confident that Optimus is firmly an Autobot. He mentions the current Decepticon hunt for ancient Transformer artifacts, and has Optimus himself look through the window and converse with Bryce. General Bryce is convinced and dismisses Fowler.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Fowler.
- As You Know: While Fowler is being recorded for the benefit of the higher-ups, he's also talking directly to someone familiar with the situation so he says this.
- Breather Episode: Between the action-packed "Nemesis Prime" and "Armada".
- Character Development: Fowler shows off his, proving how far he's come in trusting and respecting Optimus and the Autobots.
- Clip Show
- The Comically Serious: Where Optimus can make even a simple greeting hilarious.Prime: "I am fine, General Bryce. How are you?"
- Foreshadowing: While commenting on Airachnid and Arcee's rivalry...Agent Fowler: I got the feeling the next time those two lock horns, only one's gonna walk away.
- He also strongly implies that much of the next season's going to be a MacGuffin Melee.
- Jitter Cam: Most of the framing story is shown from the point-of-view of a camera being held by Bryce's subordinate.
- Oh, Crap!: When Optimus showed up in the window, the camera shot pulls back very abruptly. Based on the motion, the cameraman actually fell to the floor in shock over seeing Optimus in-person.
- Recap Episode
- Status Quo Is God: This episode quickly resolves the issue started last episode regarding the Autobots being marked as "shoot on sight" by the US military.