Smokescreen's boasts about his destiny turn out to be more than meets the eye as the race gets more desperate.
- Big "NO!": Bulkhead, as Soundwave gets away with Smokescreen.
- Bring It:Bulkhead: You love doin' your dirty work from a distance, don't ya? Too bad you don't have the ball-bearings to fight up close and personal.
Dreadwing: In this particular case, I will be all-too happy to make an exception.
- Evil Is Petty: Knockout wants to go into the field in the hopes of getting some payback, especially for his last encounter with Bumblebee and Arcee.
- Hes Back: Bulkhead's back in proper fighting shape, giving Dreadwing a hell of a fight.
- Jerkass Ball: Arcee grabs it very tightly when she verbally beats down Smokscreen.
- Kick Them While They Are Down: Arcee indulges in the verbal variety, while Smokescreen is already feeling rotten about losing one of the Omega Keys. She takes it upon herself to rub more proverbial salt in the wound by scolding him about not taking on too much of the burden all at once because of his belief that he's destined for greatness and can handle the responsibility. Even Optimus tells her to shut up, but she completely ignores him.
- Living Macguffin: Smokescreen is revealed to be the final Omega Key.
- Or rather, as the next episode shows, it was planted inside him.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Arcee's verbal beatdown of Smokescreen is what leads to him getting captured by Soundwave.
- Properly Paranoid: Megatron notices the key Knockout recovered is an exact duplicate of the one Optimus recovered last time. He quickly suspects it's all part of a larger puzzle.
- Pun: "Who knew that sound waves could be such a... knockout!"
- Rage Quit: Smokescreen has a tantrum and leaves the base after Arcee gives him a rather cruel verbal beatdown.
- Scenery Porn: The mountain forest is very pretty to look at.
- Super Speed: The Red Energon that Starscream stole in "New Recruit" grants the renegade Decepticon this power.
- Villain Ball: Knockout and Dreadwing both stick around to fight the Autobots rather than taking their relics immediately. Knockout actually wins his fight and retrieves the relic, thanks to the resonance blaster, but Dreadwing doesn't.
- Why Am I Ticking?: Dreadwing attempts to do this to Bulkhead during their fight, but he learns after pressing his remote's trigger that the tables were turned. Dreadwing manages to remove the bomb before he explodes, but he's still caught in the blast radius.