Transwarped, Part 1 is the opener for Season 3 of Transformers Animated.
Plot Synopsis: Sari is mad at her dad for always hiding the fact that she was a cyborg. Optimus tries to cheer her up and mend the father-daughter relationship. Megatron and Starscream enter the body of Omega Supreme. Ratchet is haunted by his past of when he was first recruited by Ultra Magnus to build Omega Supreme.
- Batman Gambit: Masterson is too tough so long as he controls Starscream's body, so Optimus goads him into transforming into vehicle mode, even saying it'd be difficult for a noob. As expected, the Headmaster unit is too big for where Starscream's head would go and gets ripped clean off during the transforming.
- Big "NO!": The final scene, as Starscream realizes he can't control Omega Supreme's transwarping.
- Bring It:Megatron: It appears you and I are destined to battle aboard this ship once more, Autobot.
Optimus: Bring it on, Decepticon.
- Calling the Old Man Out: Sari to her father when confronting him with the fact that he hid her otherworldly origins from her.
- Canon Immigrant: Rodimus is defeated by Cosmic Rust.
- Continuity Nod:
- Ironhide returns after his previous appearance in "Autoboot Camp". He's a member of Rodimus's team and not an Elite Guard trooper.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Blurr is crushed into a cube by closing-in walls thanks to Shockwave, then incinerated unknowingly by Cliffjumper. Subverted in that All There in the Manual states that he was still alive the whole time, and then it turns out Cliffjumper figured out something was up with the cube at some point later.
- Darker and Edgier: The more violent and grimmer mood of this episode sets the tone for the rest of Season 3.
- Enemy Mine: When we first see them, Starscream is trying to free Megatron from the stasis cuffs.
- "Five Servos of Doom" will explain Prowl's familiarity with protoforms.
- Optimus casually remarks he needs to learn to fly, which he does in the "Endgame" two-parter.
- Ultra Magnus orders Sentinel and Jazz to track down Wasp, which sets up their stay on Earth for a few upcoming episodes.
- Godzilla Threshold: Discussed. The other Autbots consider using an uncontrollable Sari on a Megatron-controlled Omega Supreme, but Optimus Prime hopes that it doesn't have to come to that.
- Have You Told Anyone Else?: After learning from Blurr that he has information that may reveal the identity of the spy, Longarm asks him this to make sure he didn't tell anyone else before attempting to kill him.
- Karma Houdini Warranty: After getting away with his actions twice before, Masterson is finally arrested.
- Meaningful Echo: "We do what me must, even if it sometimes doesn't make sense."
- Mythology Gag:
- Hot Shot is based off of his Cybertron appearance, and has pyrotech powers, referencing his flame decos in ''Robots In Disguise (2001).
- Red Alert is based off of her appearance in the original series, but is a medic like her Unicron Trilogy incarnation.
- Blurr runs on the rings of Saturn, like in one of the intros to the original series.
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up: Sari using the key on herself causes her to become a teenager.
- Properly Paranoid: After Longarm angrily demands that all communication with Earth be filtered through him, Alpha Trion glances at him suspiciously.
- Put on a Bus:
- Megatron, Starscream, and Omega Supreme will be stuck transwarping randomly around the galaxy for most of the season.
- Sari is still recovering from her ordeal at the end of the three-parter. She won't return until the "Human Error" two-parter.
- "Shaggy Dog" Story: Blurr manages to run all the way to Cybertron from unknown space in the span of at least a few hours to a couple of days, only to be subject to Have You Told Anyone Else? by his boss who is actually the spy he was reporting about.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Megatron and Starscream are forced to work together to escape their current predicament. Starscream, of course, betrays him at the first opportunity.
- Unknown Rival:Optimus: Megatron?!
Megatron: Ah, then you do remember my name. Pity I can't remember yours.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Skywarp and Thundercracker are stranded in the middle of space-nowhere after Blurr runs away from them. The fates of Team Chaar are also unknown.