The girls are called to find the reason why women in Paris have been running away crying over their looks. They find one of the women, who has an ugly expression and trace the beauty products to a designer named Miss Vanity who has been recruiting models. The former beauty queen creates products that give the wearer any emotion they chose, but the problem is that Miss Vanity chooses the emotion and the makeup changes their appearance as such. Sam and Alex are sprayed with happiness and poutiness respectively. In the subplot, after Clover's rejected by her latest guy (a guy named Rodney), she decides to stop caring about her appearance.
This episode provides examples of:
- Break the Cutie: Clover becomes very depressed after being rejected by Rodney that she even lets herself go as a result—she almost seem to have been about to cry before Jerry W.O.O.H.P.'s them. It's so bad that she doesn't snap out of it until it turns out that the only reason Rodney rejected her was because he actually already has a girlfriend.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Clover, who had been in a funk for most of the episode, is the only one that Vanity DOESN'T spray because of her unkempt, depressed appearance. Though it could be less to do with sympathy or kindness and more to do with Clover's disheveled appearance making her unsightly enough that she doesn't NEED to be sprayed.
- Long-Distance Relationship: Clover's latest crush, Rodney, is a New Transfer Student at Beverly Hills High School, and at the end of the episode, Rodney reveals to Clover that he has a girlfriend back at his old school.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Clover's depression leads to her to stop carrying about her looks and hygiene, which really worries Sam and Alex, as they know that Rodney's rejection hurt her more than she wants to admit.
- Pet the Dog: Jerry, who often acts as a father figure for the girls, looks genuinely worried over Clover's depression after learning that she was rejected; he even hoped the mission in Paris could have cheered her up.
- She's Back: It may not be epic, but once Clover learns Rodney only rejected her because he already had a girlfriend, she overcomes her previous depression and is back to worrying about her appearance.