Gar brings Rachel home to his family a group of misfit medical experiments well come to know as The Doom Patrol (including Robotman, Negative Man and Elastigirl).
- Cooldown Hug: Dick gives one to Rachel.
- Dark Is Not Evil: The Doom Patrol is vaguely menacing and creepy in places but they're a delightfully friendly bunch. The exception being the Chief.
- Family of Choice: The Doom Patrol is obviously a loving and caring group that has raised Beast Boy well despite (or because of) their quirks.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Plenty in Gar's room, including:
- Figures of Godzilla and Rodan on a shelf.
- Hope Spot: Rather than be creeped out or upset by the Doom Patrol, Rachel swiftly finds herself fitting into the group and seems like she's found a better home than the (nonexistent and dysfunctional) Titans. That's when the Chief tries to experiment on her.
- Kick the Dog: The Chief is very interested in experimenting on Rachel.
- Never My Fault: Kory blames Dick for what happened at the Convent for leaving Rachel alone, despite the fact he only left because Kory stole his car.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Dick delivers one to a hunter that he thought had hurt Rachel.
- Poorly Disguised Pilot: For Doom Patrol. It does a decent job of setting everyone up.
- Super-Power Meltdown: Rachel's reaction to the Chief hurting Gar.
- You Are Not Alone: Dick assures Rachel that he's there for her.