The forty-ninth episode of Tiny Toon Adventures.
Babs, as Tinkerbunny, faces total chaos just from setting up modern fairy tales.
Short One: "Bunnochio"
A failing toy company mistakes Buster for their newest brainstorm.
Short Two: "Bear Necessities"
Elmyra is the Goldilocks of the modern retelling of the Three Bears story.
This episode provides examples of:
- Credits Gag: The end credits - Just keep going and going and going...
- Fractured Fairy Tale
- Two Shorts: The third of eight episodes to provide this format.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: The CEO of ACME Toys. He has fired all of his employees, save for Gepetto, for coming up with lousy toy ideas. He attempts to do the same with Gepetto if his next new toy idea is also lousy.
- Make a Wish: Gepetto wishes on a star for the toy sensation of the 90's.
- Mid-Battle Tea Break: The ACME Toy executives chase Buster through their factory. When Buster reaches the funnel that turns whatever falls into it into a toy, he pulls out a stoplight and plays, "Red Light, Green Light" with it. The ACME Toy Executives all participate in the game, which leads to their downfall.
- Shoot the Television: The CEO of ACME Toys kicks a television set after seeing a commercial advertising some of their sub-par toys.
- This short's title is a reference to the fairy tale, Pinocchio, perhaps best known for its 1940 Disney film adaptation.
- There are several references to the Energizer Bunny, the American mascot of Energizer batteries in this short. Gepetto's idea for ACME Toys is a battery-operated rabbit playing a drum. At the end of the short, Buster mentions that the sales for the ACME Executive toys "Just keep going and going and going...", which is Energizer's slogan. Furthermore, the gag credit for this episode also references Energizer's slogan.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: This short ends with Gepetto making millions of dollars off of the ACME Executive toys.
- Wrong Turn at Albuquerque: Taking a cue from his mentor, Buster ends up in Gepetto's workshop on his way to the ACME Carrot and Rock Festival. He then looks at a map and says, "I knew I should have turned left at Kennebunkport!".
- Foreboding Fleeing Flock: A swarm of forest animals run away from Elmyra when she first appears in this short.
- I Broke a Nail: While pressing the microwave button, Mama Bear experienced this. She then went to an Acme Nail Dispenser to get a new one.
- Karma Houdini: Elmyra didn't suffer any comeuppance for what she put the bears through , unless you count losing her fuzzy bears.
- Miscarriage of Justice: After Elmyra breaks into the Three Bears' house, trashing everything, and messing with their stuff, followed by causing great pain and abuse to the bears, they summon the police with an emergency alarm. Instead of arresting Elmyra, the police mistaken the bears for wild creatures, capture them, and haul them to the zoo. Though Pa and Ma weren't all too happy, Junyer wasn't very comfortable living in a modern home, and didn't complain about the change.
- Mythology Gag: The Three Bears in this segment are based on Chuck Jones' dysfunctional version of the characters first introduced in Bugs Bunny and the Three Bears. Stan Freberg, who originally played Junyer, reprises his role.
- New Technology is Evil: While Pa likes the idea of modernization, Junyer certainly thinks modern technology is evil. It isn't hard to see why, either, since Junior tries to make friends with a computer, who in return, demands lunch money and fires floppy disks at him.
- Not His Sled:
- While the Bears waited for their porridge to cool, Junyer Bear suggested going for a walk in the woods. His parents opted to go shopping instead.
- Baby Bear's porridge was the only one Elmyra didn't eat.
- Self-Made Man: In Papa Bear's own words, he clawed his way up the cooperate ladder while other bears were hibernating. He's not very happy to lose it all in the end.
- This short's title is a reference to the song, "Bare Necessities" from the 1967 Disney movie, The Jungle Book.
- When the Bear family leaves to go to the mall, Furrball can be seen clinging onto the back window with suction cups on his paws.
- X-Ray Sparks: Happens to Pa when he tries to install his TV.