The tenth episode of the first season of Tiny Toon Adventures.
Buster describes each short as an example of the characters looking out for those smaller than they are.
Short One: "Awful Orphan"
Elmyra discovers Sneezer in a basket on her doorstep and cares for him. Thanks to Sneezer's powerful sneezes, Elmyra ends up getting a taste of her own medicine.
Short Two: "The Re-Return of the Toxic Revenger"
Montana Max steals water from Plucky's pond to fill his swimming pool. Plucky, as his superhero alter-ego, The Toxic Revenger, tries to get his water back.
Short Three: "Bird-Dog Afternoon"
Byron Basset tries to keep Furrball from getting to a nest with baby birds in it.
This episode provides examples of:
- Credits Gag: Basset Hound Model - Lucy Ruegger note
- Friend to All Living Things: At the beginning of the episode, Buster saves a family of bugs from being run over by a semi truck.
- Three Shorts
- Badly Battered Babysitter: Elmyra. Though she doesn't do anything particularly antagonistic in this short, considering the way she treats the other animals most of the time, she had it coming.
- Baths Are Fun: Elmyra makes bathtime fun for Sneezer by giving him a rubber duck to play with. When Sneezer accidentally knocks a tub of soap bubbles into the tub, he is also delighted when they fill the tub.
- Dish Dash: When Sneezer climbs up the fridge shelves to get some cheese, Elmyra races to catch all the food he knocks off. Unfortunately, she ends up getting eggs in her face followed by a pitcher falling on her head.
- Doorstop Baby: At the beginning of the short, a bandaged cat gives Sneezer to Elmyra as this, with a sign that says, PLEASE GIVE ME A HOME.
- Floating in a Bubble: Sneezer does this before he is about to sneeze a second time.
- Non Sequitur, *Thud*: After hitting a wall following Sneezer's second sneeze, Elmyra woozily says "My, but he has a healthy set of lungs" before promptly passing out.
- Oh, Crap!: When Elmyra realizes that Sneezer is about to sneeze for a third time after a stray feather from his pillow tickles his nose, she says, "Why me?".
- Rule of Three: Sneezer sneezes a total of three times in this short; once when he is about to eat the cheese wedge, once during his bath after the tub overflows with soap bubbles, and once during his nap, when a feather tickles his nose.
- Sneeze of Doom: Sneezer gives these to Elmyra throughout the short, growing more destructive each time, the last one actually blowing up her house.
- Stock "Yuck!": Sneezer doesn't like beets, and when Elmyra tries to serve them to him, he sneaks into the refrigerator to try to get a wedge of cheese.
- Trash the Set: Sneezer's third sneeze ends up destroying Elmyra's house.
The Re-Return of the Toxic Revenger:
- Anvil on Head: Monty attempts to do this to Plucky from the top of his diving board. Thanks to Plucky tickling him with a party favor, Monty drops the anvil in the pool, causing the diving board to launch him into the air.
- "Could Have Avoided This!" Plot: Near the beginning of the short, as Grovely installs Monty's swamp drainer, he asks Monty why they couldn't have just turned on the pool faucet. Monty tells Grovely that he doesn't pay for water when he can get it for free.
- Empty Swimming Pool Dive: Both Plucky and Monty fall victim to this. Plucky makes such a dive when Monty first drains his swamp, and in the end inflicts an epic one on Monty (by catapulting him into the stratosphere before draining all the water back).
- Explosive Overclocking: When Monty uses the pump the final time, he turns it up to full power and actually breaks the lever.
- Friend to All Living Things: Played with. Throughout the short, Plucky tries to get the water from his swamp back for both himself and his friends, and when he first introduces his superhero alter-ego, he claims to be "Friend to all creatures great and small". Shortly after, a wasp flies by him, and he tries to kill it with a Cartoon Bug-Sprayer. Plucky then tells the viewers that he would never really kill a wasp, but the wasp doesn't find this funny.
- Green Aesop: An anti-swamp draining one.
- Rushmore Refacement: At the end of the short, Plucky redirects the other end of the swamp drainer to the Acme Rock Quarry, causing it to form a Mount Rushmore look-alike with Plucky's face.
- Trash Landing: Happens to Plucky when Monty makes Grovely throw him out for trying to take his water back.
- Cats Are Mean: Downplayed; Furrball is normally protagonistic, but he is depicted as the antagonist of this short when he tries to eat the baby birds.
- Kicking My Own Butt: When Byron catches Furrball trying to eat the baby birds a second time, Furrball decides to save Byron the trouble of launching him away, and does it himself.
- No-Dialogue Episode: Most of the speech is Byron barking, the baby birds chirping, or Furrball meowing, though Byron does mutter a single "Yeouch!" when one of the baby birds bites his ear, and a single "Yuck!" and "Aha!" when he remembers that birds eat worms, and Buster provides the opening narration.
- Papa Wolf: Byron protects the Baby Birds from Furrball, and catches them when they fall out of their nest trying to fly.
- Shout-Out: This short's title is a reference to the 1975 film, Dog Day Afternoon.