The One Where Scott gets lost in a pyramid.
Returning home from an aborted mission, Thunderbird 1 is gunned down by a trio of mysterious fighters manned by a group of people called the Zombites. Scott Tracy, badly wounded in the attack, is saved by a pair of passing explorers named Wilson and Lindsay. The explorers radio for help and Thunderbird 2 arrives shortly thereafter. Discussing the situation, International Rescue discover the two explorers are seeking the Lost Pyramid of Khamandides, a fabled structure filled with unimaginable wealth. Wishing them luck, the Thunderbirds return home.
However, luck is not with the explorers; their trailer, containing food, water, gas and their radio, falls down a dune and explodes. Without supplies and with their radio badly damaged, the two desperately attempt to reach safety. They find... the Lost Pyramid of Khamandides, filled with gold and a still working fountain. Unfortunatley, it turns out to be the hideout of the Zombites.
- Advanced Ancient Humans: The Zombites, apparently.
- Adventure Archaeologist: Wilson and Lindsay, the two explorers.
- Conlang: The Zombites speak in their own non-English language.
- A Day in the Limelight: The most heavily Scott-centered episode.
- Deadly Gas: what the Zombites use to fuel their fighters. It becomes their downfall later on.
- Drives Like Crazy: Wilson, despite Lindsay's warnings to respect the sand. His reckless driving results in the accident in which they lose their trailer.
- Idiot Ball / Jerkass Ball:
- Lindsay when under influence of the Gold Fever.
- Lindsay's mate Wilson gets in on the action when their trailer crashes due to his reckless driving.
- Forgot About His Powers: We know from promotional material that Thunderbird one is capable of reaching speeds up to 15,000 miles per hour (Mach 22.6). In other words, much faster than any fighter jet. And since Thunderbird 1 has its wings extended when flying over the Sahara, it is obviously not going anywhere near top speed. If Scott had just retracted Thunderbird 1's wings and put the pedal to the metal at the first sign of danger, he would have easily escaped from his attackers. Instead, he keeps flying at his current speed and only tries some evasive maneuvers.
- Futuristic Pyramid: zigzagged; the Pyramid itself is thousands of years old, but the Zombites have heavily modified it when they made it their headquarters, such as installing missle launchers in the sides.
- Gold Fever: When Scott arrves in the pyramid, Lindsay, instead of accepting rescue, engages Scott in a gun fight, as he thinks Scott wants to steal the treasure he and Wilson just found. It could be partly because of the water he drank from the fountain earlier (although Wilson also drank it, and he keeps his cool).
- Villainous Rescue: Just when Lindsay manages to destroy the statue Scott was using to take cover during their gunfight (which leaves Scott vulnerable), the Zombites interfere and disarm Lindsay, saving Scott.