Aja and Krel have to deal with an alien insect infestation of skeltegs. Meanwhile on Akiridion-5, Zadra is alive but given an ultimatum: join Morando or die. Luckily both groups find helpful allies to aid them.
Tropes in this episode:
- Accidental Hero: Aja hitting Steve becomes the talk of the school and she is made instantly popular. Shannon even comments that the fact that she is not interested in being cool just makes her cooler. This is later exacerbated when classes are cancelled due to the skelteg infestation, everyone relieved that they do not need to take the math test.
- Analogy Backfire: Every time Stuart tries using a human analogy or idiom, the Akiridians are left confused.Krel: Stuart, you have a daxial array?
Stuart: Yeah, yeah, sure. It's right behind you, yeah. And I should tell you. I've got a unicorn in the basement.
Aja: A unicorn? We have to see that unicorn.
Stuart: No, no. There's no unicorn. It's a figure of speech. It means I'm lucky to even have a manual. You won't find a daxial-anything on Earth.
- Brown Note: The skeltegs explode when exposed to most forms of music. Steve's goofy cell phone jingle is an exception.
- Cell Phones Are Useless: After discovering that the music of her ringtone kills the skeltegs, Mary manages to get the uppherhand. Then the battery runs out.
- Continuity Nod: While running from the skeltegs Darci says "Great, last week the teachers' coffee gets spiked now this," which is a nod to "Bad Coffee".
- Explosive Breeder: The skeltegs multiply by mitosis if they consume enough energy. They quickly grow out of hand by feeding on the energy constructs in the house and all the electronics at school.
- Glamour Failure: The ship starts to lose its house disguise thanks to the skeltegs feeding on the energy constructs and draining the power accordingly.
- Horde of Alien Locusts: The skeltegs that stowed away on the ship multiply as an exponential rate, leaving both the house and the school absolutely swarming with them.
- I Owe You My Life: The nurse says that she is forever indebted to House Tarron after Aja saved her child in the first episode.
- La Résistance: While the government proper of Akiridion-5 has being taken over by Morando, there are remnants of those loyal to the royals scattered amongst the populace, including the palace.
- Landfill Beyond the Stars: Stuart's home planet Durio: "the stinkiest planet in the universe."
- Lightbulb Joke: Parodied when Krel finds a book on lightbulbs in Stuart's electronic shop.Krel: "How to screw in a Lightbulb. Step One: Find a friend."
Aja: How many humans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
- Mistaken for Terrorist: While Krel, Aja and Varvatos think that Stuart is a bounty hunter sent to bring them to Morando, Stuart confirms that he crash landed on Earth decades prior and that the fact that he and they live in Arcadia is a Contrived Coincidence.
- Self-Duplication: Skeltegs reproduce by absorbing electronics and then dividing into pairs.
- Shout-Out: Krel using yodeling music on his boombox to kill the skeltegs is similar to when yodeling on a radio was using to make the Martian's head explode in Mars Attacks!.
- Visual Pun: When it is discovered that skeltegs are loose in the house, the first thing they move is the fridge.Aja: Our refrigerator is running.
- When Steve is fighting off the bugs with his pointing scepter, they trying taking it from him, causing him to cry out "don't pull my finger!"
- Weaksauce Weakness: Skeltegs are weak against Earth music. Soft music calms them down, more intense music causes them to explode.
- Weapons That Suck: Literally. Stuart uses a vacuum to suck up the skeltegs at the spaceships.