Air date: June 5th 2013 (UK), October 9th, 2013 (US)
Tropes featured in the episode:
- A Day in the Limelight: This is Winston's first lead episode.
- Alliterative Title
- Call-Back: Winston tells Percy that he wishes to go without a driver, which is similar to what Thomas said in "Thomas Comes To Breakfast". Percy seems amused by this, and warns him against it.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Winston becomes one of very few characters to talk back to the Fat Controller.
- The Freelance Shame Squad: The other engines laugh at Winston due to The Fat Controller not being able to start him properly. In the end, however, he doesn't mind their teasing after learning that he needed a driver.
- Meaningful Echo: "Early days, Winston. Early days."
- Never My Fault: Averted on both sides. After Winston calls him out for forgetting the handbrake, The Fat Controller accepts the blame, while Winston admits that he should have reminded him.
- Runaway Rail Car
- What the Hell, Hero?: The Fat Controller calls out Winston for going off without him just until Winston calls him out for forgetting to apply his handbrake.