Air date: September 13th, 2006 (UK), November 4th, 2006 (US)
Skarloey is startled when some pipes fall near him and he spills his flour. Skarloey feels pathetic even after helping Rusty and Duncan by mistake. But when he saves Rheneas from some falling logs, Rheneas tells him he is brave after all. Skarloey plucks up courage at the wharf and when the trucks try to play tricks on him, Skarloey quickly shuts them up.
Tropes featured in the episode:
- Bully Hunter: Skarloey, who became brave, threatens to biff the trucks in return if they biff him, thus shutting them up quick.
- Compressed Vice: Skarloey's fear.
- Cowardly Lion: Skarloey.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Skarloey saving Rheneas from falling logs which resulted him in denting his boiler.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite teasing Skarloey for being scared, James became amazed of his bravery.
- "Just Joking" Justification: Thomas assures Skarloey that James was only teasing him about being a scaredy engine.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Rheneas tells Skarloey how brave he is in saving him as well as helping Rusty and Duncan, making Skarloey realize that he was a brave engine after all.