Index | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24
Directed by David Nutter
Owen: But they are. How can you help Kevin, if you don't believe? Even the killer, he believes.
A boy suffering from stigmata is targeted by a serial killer. Scully the devout Catholic and Mulder the sceptic of spiritual phenomena swap their usual roles for an episode.
- A Bloody Mess: Mulder tastes fake blood: "Too much sugar." The look on Scully's face was priceless before he explained that it was fake blood.
- Agent Mulder: Agent Scully, for a change, because the phenomenon of the week is one that ties in with her religious faith.
- Agent Scully: Agent Mulder. He obviously gets called out on it by Scully.
- Death by Cameo: R. Lee Ermey shows up as one of Gates victims in the teaser.
- Decoy Antagonist: Owen Jarvis is introduced in a threatening light but he's soon revealed to be protecting Kevin. Because of this trope after mostly playing villains it ended up being the actor's favorite role.
- Handicapped Badass: Owen Jarvis, who Looks Like Orlok due to a rare skin disorder, says he's on a Mission from God to protect the boy and ultimately performs a Heroic Sacrifice.
- The Ketchup Test: Mulder, much to Scully's horror before he explains that it's not real blood.
- Literal Cliffhanger: An insane businessman grabs a boy and jumps into a paper recycling shredder. When a horrified Scully rushes over, she finds the boy holding onto the railing above the bloody mess.
- Looks Like Orlok: Owen Jarvis, who despite appearances is a selfless and heroic guy. In Real Life, his actor Michael Berryman looks that way due to being afflicted with hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia, a rare hereditary disorder that makes him unable to grow hair, teeth, nails, or sweat glands.
- Serial Killer: Simon Gates is a man who is planning to kill 12 stigmatic people for the coming of a "new age". He kills 11, and fails on the last.
- Stock Episode Titles
- Super Window Jump: Owen Jarvis throws himself through the window in the attic to escape from Mulder and Scully. He manages to run away.
- Teaser-Only Character: The preacher played by R. Lee Ermey.