Return to Recap: The Smurfs.
Handy Smurf creates a machine to control weather.
Tropes associated with this episode include
- Comically Missing the Point: When Papa Smurf turns Brainy Smurf's umbrella into a kite, the Smurfs don't get what he wants to do and believe he's trying to relax under danger, so they begin to play games.
- Dramatic Slip: The Smurfs are trying to return to the Smurf Village during a snowstorm. Brainy Smurf falls, and when another Smurf offers to carry him, he tells "no, let me die here". The Smurf takes his word and leaves him, so a scared Brainy Smurf gets up again and keeps running.
- Improvised Lightning Rod: Papa Smurf uses a kite to catch lightning and destroy the machine.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Farmer Smurf and Poet Smurf cause the machine to get out of control by messing with its settings.
- Perspective Reversal: Throughout the story, Farmer Smurf wants rain for his crops and Poet Smurf wants sun to write an ode to it. At the end, Farmer Smurf is happy to have sun due to the berry season and Poet Smurf is sad as he wanted to make an ode to rain.
- This Is No Time for Knitting: Papa Smurf, facing the Weather Control Machine gone amok, hastily makes a kite. The onlooking Smurfs comment that the old man is probably trying to cheer himself up in the dire situation, and proceed to hesitantly engage in some games themselves. Papa Smurf, meanwhile, uses the kite to bring down lightning and destroy the machine.
- Weather-Control Machine