Return to Recap: The Smurfs.
A Smurf (who will be known as Harmony Smurf in later comics) makes a trumpet to play in the Smurf orchestra, but he plays off-key and is kicked out. Gargamel takes his chance to give him a turlisiphone, a magical instrument that, without the little Smurf's knowledge, puts anyone who hears it in a magical trance.
This story provides examples of
- Blowing a Raspberry: Harmony Smurf does this to Gargamel when he has the evil wizard at his mercy.
- Brown Note: The turlisiphone's music.
- Disguised in Drag: Gargamel as Aurora the good fairy.
- Kick Them While They Are Down: Comically averted: when Gargamel falls off a log crossing over a high ravine and hangs onto the log for dear life, Harmony Smurf comes over with his turlisiphone, ready to play a tune that will send the wizard falling his doom when the wizard cries out for mercy. Harmony Smurf remembers that Papa Smurf told him that he shouldn't kick a Smurf when he's down, so he instead razzes the wizard and leaves him be.
- Ow, My Body Part!: As Gargamel first chases after Harmony Smurf, he starts to develop pains all over his body until he collapses.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Gargamel dressed up as a fairy and managed to completely fool Harmony Smurf by giving him a cursed magical instrument.