Return to Recap: The Smurfs.
Hefty Smurf organizes olympic games for the Smurfs, and Weakling Smurf wants to participate, but he has to be a team of his own as none of the other two teams want him.
This story contains examples of
- Continuity Nod: When Drummer Smurfnote tells that the winner of the games will get a medal, the Smurfs answer "King Smurf has already given us one!"
- Dark Horse Victory: Nobody (save for Papa Smurf) ever expected Weakling Smurf to win the Games.
- Decoy Protagonist: Hefty Smurf. At first, the story is about him organizing the games to get his fellow Smurfs interested on sports. While Weakling Smurf's efforts are still shown throughout the training, it seems that the focus will be on Hefty Smurf facing the others' unorthodox methods, but after he cries, the others take their training seriously and the story focuses on Weakling Smurf.
- Did Not Get the Girl: Weakling Smurf gets the victory in the games, but not the promised kiss from Smurfette.
- Getting the Boot: Brainy, in the style of being hurled like a throwing hammer.
- Magic Feather: Papa Smurf gives Weakling Smurf a magic ointment to become athletic, but it actually is just jam.
- Moment Killer: Brainy showing up with the pink card when Weakling and Smurfette were about to embrace and kiss.
- The Olympics
- Smooch of Victory: Weakling was going to get this at the end, if it weren't for Brainy's untimely appearance with his pink card for Smurfette.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Brainy Smurf gets some nice words from Smurfette due to giving her a pink card, though it comes at the cost of Weakling being denied his Smooch of Victory.