Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner's mother as punishment, but when he starts spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly. Meanwhile, Homer and Lisa get addicted to Peekimon Get.
- Animals Lack Attributes: Averted with the skunk that sprays Homer.
- Art Shift: As Homer and Lisa search for the missing suicidal old lady for Bart, we suddenly get a Animesque Disney Acid Sequence where Lisa and Homer look for Peekimon while Maggie fights them.
- Banned in China: This episode is banned is Russia for a scene where Homer and Comic Book Guy wander into church while playing Peekimon Get.
- Broken Record:Phoebe: Oh, you're quite good at taking the piss out of someone.
Bart: Wait, that's okay to say? (starts saying "taking the piss" repeatedly)
Phoebe: Have you gotten that out of your system?
Bart: I'll get up in the middle of the night and say one more.
- Butt-Monkey: The late Frank Grimes. Several Peekimon Get players go to his grave and some dance on his grave. Gil is the only player who doesn't get anything during that scene. Hans Moleman, who crashed his car into a nearby tree, isn't rescued.
- How We Got Here: The episode opens two months after Bart had already gotten into the habit of visiting old ladies for gifts, while he, in voiceover, insists he's a changed kid.Bart: You look confused. Why don't I start from the beginning?
- Hypocritical Humor: Skinner's Mom tells him he should live his own life. Right after that, she tells him to comb his hair.
- Irony: Ned is into Peekimon Get, despite fundamentalists like him are known for being against Pokémon in real life.
- Logo Joke: The audience in the Gracie Films logo is replaced with Peekimon.
- Obnoxious In-Laws: Homer won't help Bart's search for a missing person until he learn said person isn't any of his sisters-in-law.
- Smelly Skunk: Homer mistakes a skunk for a Peekimon, and tries to catch it. He gets sprayed for his trouble.
- Take That!: There are several digs made at the game Pokémon GO through a parody called Peekimon Get
- Homer calls the game a waste of time.
- There are several instances of characters calling the game an overhyped fad that's long worn out its welcome in addition to claims that the game is mainly being used to dupe people into wasting money.
- Tempting Fate: Upon seeing Skinner punish Bart, Grandpa dares the former to punish a war veteran and Skinner makes him write lines.
- Too Dumb to Live: Homer and one of his coworkers unwittingly enter a reactor core while playing Peekimon Get.
- Writing Lines: Grandpa's punishment. He only writes one and it's about how that's enough to make him tired.