In a parody of 30 for 30, Bart becomes a star basketball player, but things go awry when he gets involved with the mafia.
- As Himself: Stephen Curry's cameo during the credits.
- Blackmail: Lisa blackmails Fat Tony into sparing Bart and Homer by threatening to reveal that, as a kid, he used to play basketball for a girl's team and wasn't good enough to be more than a substitute.
- Brick Joke: Early on the episode, Krusty tells a joke about Dolly Parton. The epilogue features her suing him.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: After Bart found out Fat Tony was betting against him, Bart told during his interview how he was told to lose the finals "or else".
- Disappeared Dad: Nelson's Dad returns and then leaves again.
- Fun with Acronyms: Nelson's Been Abandoned.
- "Just Joking" Justification: Fat Tony uses this excuse after making some unfortunate comments.
- Meaningful Name: Johnny Tightlips' real name is Giovanni Silencio.
- My Life Flashed Before My Eyes: Homer says it happened to him and Bart.
- Narrator All Along: Nelson's Dad turns out to be the one narrating the documentary.
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: One of Grampa's scenes stops and a narrator explains that the scene isn't frozen. Gramps got paralyzed.
- Shout-Out: Realizing he's unable to keep secrets, a mobster asks for the phone number of the psychiatrist whose help Fat Tony secretly seeks.
- Take That!: Lisa says it's okay to discuss secrets in documentaries because nobody watches them unless it's about rich men who killed people.
- Tempting Fate: During one of Lisa's scenes, she's glad to be allowed to play the sax. When she's about to start, the scene cuts to Grampa being glad the song was cut. Given her role in saving Bart and Homer, she says she deserves a caption. She's then given one that reads "no, she does not".
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: Homer no longer was a coach but still could tell kids what to do; Stephen Curry didn't appear in the documentary; Krusty gets sued; Fat Tony is once again bested by his female teammates; and Nelson's Dad briefly returned.