Krusty and his daughter spend Christmas with the Simpsons. Meanwhile, Reverend Lovejoy seeks converts to boost church attendance, and a Christmas toy scares Maggie.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: The Parson's superior tells him they only have one boss, who turns out to be a higher authority figure within their congregation.
- The Bus Came Back: Sophie Krustofski reappears, sixteen years after her debut in Insane Clown Poppy.
- Description Cut: Right after Reverend Lovejoy claims Springfield is a good Christian community, the next scene shows a pagan festival being held in town.
- Hypocritical Humor: After berating his daughter for not knowing Jewish traditions, Krusty is revealed to have ordered a sandwich with non-kosher animals.
- Left the Background Music On: When Maggie hears scary music, it turns out to be Lisa playing the violin.
- Negative Continuity: At the Parson's debut episode, Reverend Lovejoy describes him as being to their congregation what The Pope is to his, suggesting the Parson to be their congregation highest-ranking member. This episode reveals the Parson as not being even the second-highest-ranking member.
- Sexy Santa Dress: Marge wears one as a present for Homer.
- Status Quo Is God: Krusty eventually returns to Judaism.