Bart is captivated by the new teacher at Springfield Elementary, and goes all-out to win her over. Meanwhile, Homer buys a new brand of "milk" that causes early puberty, which for Bart means stepping up his wooing game, while Lisa deals with a slight case of acne that introduces her to the world of makeup and subsequent popularity.
- Gave Up Too Soon: When it seems it'll rain at a party and her makeup will be ruined, exposing her acne, Lisa decides to be true to herself and removes her makeup, revealing that her acne is gone. She ruined her newfound popularity for nothing.
- Hot for Teacher: Bart's crush on his new teacher.
- Loophole Abuse: The new milk has quote marks for the word "milk". In one ad for the product, someone says it cannot be legally called milk.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: In the end, Homer knows Maggie's still drinking the new milk when he sees her easily lifting Bart and Lisa.
- Retraux: The "La-Z Rider Couch Gag" is a throwback to a more serious 80's animation style, with an overlay effect representing visible tracking lines from the worn and dirty video heads of a VHS player.
- Shout-Out: The episode's title is a play on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.