Marge kicks Homer out of the house after Moe convinces him to stay out all night on Christmas Eve at his bar. Depressed, Homer takes a lonely walk through Springfield instead of being with his family.
- Bait-and-Switch: While looking for Homer, his family walks through a scene with neon signs of places where Homer might be. It's then revealed that they're at a store specialized on neon signs.
- Brick Joke: Moe comments that his usual Christmas gifts are wallets that patrons forget at his bar. Later on, it's revealed that Homer forgot his.
- By Wall That Is Holey: Done with Homer and a collapsing gingerbread house.
- Disproportionate Retribution: During the "obligatory Frozen reference", Bart throws a snowball at Lisa, who retaliates by making an ice castle grow under Bart, which sticks him to the top.
- Rake Take: Marge makes a gingerbread Sideshow Bob step on a gingerbread rake.
- Tastes Like Chicken: For this episode's chalkboard gag, Bart writes that reindeer meat doesn't taste like chicken.