Marge opens up a sandwich shop, but it soon becomes more than they had hoped. Homer works so hard that he loses a few pants sizes, but the business starts to sink when Cletus and the Spuckler family open up the exact same franchise right across the street. This leads Marge to think of creative ways to get out of her contract so they can go back to their normal lives.
- Big Eater: Or "Big Drinker" in this case. Homer mentions bankrupting a Pizza Hut just from taking advantage of their unlimited drinks offer.
- Hash House Lingo: Lisa does this during the family's plan to get Marge out of her contract.Homer: I'm a litigious business man, and I need a coffee to go.
Lisa: One Jumbo Joe to go!
(Bart "accidentally" spills coffee over Homer's crotch)
Marge: Get the first aid kit!
Lisa: One Florence Nightingale in a box, and make it snappy!
- Humiliation Conga: Homer is intentionally attacked in his groin with hot coffee, medical needles, and a fire extinguisher just to sell Marge's attempts to get out of ownership of the restaurant to the executive.
- I Have Boobs, You Must Obey!: After being fired for trying to steal cash from Marge's sandwich store, Shauna retaliates by making the squeaky-voiced-teen quit. She accomplishes this by showing him her boobs.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Marge gets so depressed that her Mother Hubard's Sandwich Cupboard was being put out of business by the Mother Hubard's Sandwich Cupboard Express directly across the street, that she goes to Moe's Tavern to drown her sorrows.
- Restaurant-Owning Episode: Marge opens up a sandwich shop.
- This Explains So Much: When Marge can't understand why Trudy can be so cold towards her misery, the woman tells her she grew up on the pageant circuit. Marge says that explains everything.
- Read the Fine Print: Averted. Marge read the contract. The executive who convinced her to sign it was surprised that she did so because it took two lawyers to write it and they had to keep waking each other up while making the contract.