Daniel Radcliffe returns as the voice of a strange, older boy named Diggs who gets Bart into falconry, but Bart worries about Diggs's sanity. Features a couch gag directed by Sylvain Chomet (The Triplets of Belleville)
- All for Nothing: Despite Homer badgering Bart for the $20 he borrowed, once Bart handed it to Homer, Homer claims he doesn't remember Bart owing him any money.
- Artistic License Ornithology: Comic Book Guy's falcon can speak like a parrot, which gets lampshaded.
- Animation Bump: Sylvain Chomet's couch gag is animated more smoothly than the show itself.
- Art Shift: The Couch Gag, drawn in Sylvain Chomet's distinctive style.
- Brick Joke: The punchline to Bart eating the frog comes at the end of Act 1, with Diggs commenting that as a result, his class has to dissect a Muppet in Biology that day.
- Economy Cast: After Diggs injures himself jumping out of a tree, he goes to the hospital and after being treated by Dr. Hibbert is passed on to another doctor. Bart is confused that there is another doctor in the hospital other than Dr. Hibbert.
- Exact Words: Nelson calls Bart "herbivore" for eating a dead frog. After Lisa tells Nelson what "herbivore" really means, he explains that the dead frog's name's Herb.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Homer's constant badgering of Bart for his $20 results in him being badgered by Dr. Hibbert for $4,000, after Bart takes a bet to eat a frog and ends up hospitalized for it.
- Jerkass: Bart borrows $20 from Homer to go to charity and what follows is a montage of Homer badgering Bart for the $20 nonstop, even when Marge tells him to stop. At one point he's even seen intimidating Bart with Fat Tony and his gang.
- Loophole Abuse: Bart is able to take in Diggs' falcon because, although Homer has now forbidden him from taking home dogs, cats, turtles or snakes, he's never said anything about predatory birds.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome: Bart makes the $20 he owes Homer by taking a dare to eat one of the dead frogs used for dissection in science class. He winds up in the hospital because of the formaldehyde and other chemicals used to preserve it.
- Sustained Misunderstanding: Bart is very late to dinner and Homer is tickled at the thought that he's finally snuck his first beer. When Bart tells him the truththat he's been spending time with a strange older boy he finds compelling even though no one else seems to get himHomer is even happier believing he's not only discovered drinking but found his Moe Szyslak.