Krusty gets canceled yet again and reunites with his first agent, who makes him a cable TV star.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Krusty doesn't remember his first agent. When the two meet again and she treats him rudely for the bad things he did to her, he only comments that she sure knows him.
- Exact Words: When Krusty got cancelled, he told the executives his contract wouldn't allow him to be fired except by one way: they shot him from a cannon.
- Green Around the Gills: Homer's face turns green as he acts out the part of a bloated corpse.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Krusty complaining that the things Itchy and Scratchy are currently parodying (The King's Speech, The Social Network and Black Swan) are over a year old is a complaint applied to some of the Simpsons own parodies.
- Not Helping Your Case: When being told that his references are too obscure for todays kids, Krusty makes a reference that nobody watching the episode will get.
- Pocket Protector: Bart accidentally fires a gun and the bullet fails to wound Homer because it is stopped by another gun Homer happened to have in his back pocket.
- Prima Donna Director: In-Universe, Annie is such a Bad Boss to the guest stars and production team that the Executives Of Hbowtime ask Krusty to fire her.
- Revisiting the Roots: Krusty regains his popularity by recreating his act from the 60s to win over his old fans. It works.
- Rule of ThreeKrusty: They took my dressing room, my parking space, and even my writers so I don't have a funny third item.
- Shout-Out: A brief one to King of the Hill.
- Special Guest: Joan Rivers as Annie Dubinsky.
- Technology Marches On: Homer asks where people will watch old TV clips for free if the museum closes forever. This is itself a clip on a website.