In the season 23 finale written by Tim Long, Lisa is branded the least popular kid in school and things get worse when she's reduced to ghostwriting positive messages about her on the Springfield Elementary Internet forums. The only person who can help her (and the self-esteem of everyone in town) is eccentric pop singer Lady Gaga, whose train just so happens to make a stop at Springfield.
"Lisa Goes Gaga" contains examples of:
- Karma Houdini and Kids Are Cruel: The children of Springfield Elementary.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Lady Gaga, to near Uncanny Valley levels.
- Not Cheating Unless You Get Caught: Homer tried to comfort Lisa by saying her mistake wasn't ghostwriting positive messages about her but getting caught. Fortunately, Lisa, instead of listening to him, decided to once again benefit from the fact she can ignore him without it being a big loss.
- Sock Puppet: Lisa made an account called "Truth Teller" who gives a good comment about her and she becomes popular at school, but Bart finds out about it and she is hated again.
- Sparkling Stream of Tears:Lisa: Are you crying glitter?
Lady Gaga: Tiny diamonds. Hurts like hell.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Lady Gaga wears 18 outfits in this episode.