In this Christmas anthology episode, Bart goes after Krusty Claus, Lisa dreams of Christmas in World War II Germany, Martha Stewart teaches Marge the true meaning of Christmas, and Katy Perry appears with Muppet Simpsons.
- Action Mom: Marge in Lisa's story. She is called to serve in the US Army during World War II instead of Homer, and successfully kills Hitler.
- All Just a Dream: All four stories of this episode.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: When Bart wished Mr. Burns wouldn't sing "12 Days of Christmas", Burns said he'd sing the "original" version with 39 days.
- Dirty Coward: When Marge shows up at the movie theater to kill Hitler, he rips off his mustache and puts it on another man's face as a failed attempt to avoid being killed.
- No Budget: So much was spent to have Katy Perry appear there was only one hound to answer Mr. Burns' usual "release the hounds" command.
- Mr. Burns decided to visit the Simpsons because he was visited by three spirits.
- The final segment is just a generalized spoof of The Muppets, but the ending specifically parodies Sesame Street ("Tonight's Simpsons episode was brought to you by the symbol umlaut, and the number e") and The Muppet Show (Abe and Jasper doing a Statler and Waldorf-type bit).
- Tempting Fate: When the Simpsons were about to depart for Hawaii, Homer said nothing would stop them. Mr. Burns then showed up.