When Mr. Burns finds out that he's near death's door (despite a previous episode stating that Mr. Burns has every disease known to man kept in perfect balance) and that no one cares if he dies (in fact, they're ready to celebrate), Burns decides to end it all himself, but botches it and ends up as The Simpsons' latest house guest (even though he was their houseguest before when he went broke and had to live as a blue-collar slob).
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: When Kent is reporting at Burns' funeral.Kent Brockman: A humanitarian. A philanthropist. A man of peace. These are among the people that have gathered at Springfield cemetery today to spit in Mr Burns' grave.
- Even Evil Has Standards: One of the media conspirators found it wrong to falsely announce a new epidemic to scare the masses. He instead suggested spreading a real disease so the news wouldn't be false.
- Genre Blind: Everybody in Springfield just assumes Mr. Burns is dead without even seeing his body. It's even worse because it's not the first time they make that mistake.
- It's Been Done: Inspired by Under the Dome, Burns plans to seal the town under a glass dome. Then Lenny mentions that it had been done already.
- Last Disrespects: People come at Mr. Burns' funeral just to spit in his grave. So many that the grave has to be drained at one point.
- Never Found the Body: Nobody finds Mr. Burns' "corpse" after his failed suicide attempt but everyone just assumes he's dead.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Lisa decides to take Burns to his manor... where he snaps out from his amnesia.
- The title is a pun on the phrase "the full Monty".
- At the end, Burns goes to see a school performance of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? featuring Nelson and Lisa.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: When Homer learned Burns survived his failed suicide, he suggested treating Burns the way he "screwed" them. Mayor Quimby later suggested the same thing and the people approved.
- Take That!: To Fox News (as always).
- Tempting Fate: Lisa says she'll show Mr. Burns not everyone hates him. Maggie then aims a shotgun at him.
- Why Didn't I Think of That?: Carl comments that even if Burns drop the dome they can dig their way under it, then sarcastically wonders why they didn't bother to do that the first time. (Remember: the Simpsons did use a tunnel out)