Bart falls for a girl named Nikki in the other fourth grade class and she proves to be a Tsundere, which initiates a new school policy of "no touching." Meanwhile, Michelle Obama encourages Lisa to be smart and Nelson teaches a blind boy how to be a bully.
- Always Identical Twins: Sherri and Terri express dislike of the other fourth grade class because their twins are one boy and one girl.
- And This Is for...: Nelson punches a blind boy for mocking him.
- Everyone Has Standards: Nelson was initially ready to bully his desk mate, until he realizes the kid is blind. He then announces he is under his protection from any bullying or harassment.
- First Kiss: Bart steals a kiss from Nikki while they are sitting on top of the slide and Nikki panics because it was her first kiss.
- Fun with Acronyms: First Lady Of The United States One
- Guest Star: Sarah Silverman as Nikki and Angela Bassett as Michelle Obama
- Kiss of Life: When Bart falls off the school rooftop and is found unnconcious, Nikki administers CPR saving Bart's life.
- Loophole Abuse: To avoid violating the school's no-touch policy when Bart needed a mouth-to-mouth, Principal Skinner tried to roll him outside the school's area with a pool skimmer.
- Master of the Mixed Message: Bart decides to be up front with his feelings, while Nikki switches hard from reciprocating to disgust. He's constantly flustered trying to figure her out, but she shows just enough affection to keep him hooked.
- Remember the New Guy?: There was no indication the school had more than one fourth grade class, and all the characters seen are unique to this episode.
Bart: Damn, that caterpillar can eat. [turns page] Damn! [turns page] DAMN!
- The Itchy and Scratchy movie Homer and Bart watch is an extended parody of the experimental film Koyaanisqatsi.
- Bart reads a parody of The Very Hungry Caterpillar called The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar.