Marge becomes interested in carpentry, but uses Homer as the face of her operation, since no one in town thinks women are good enough to be carpenters. Meanwhile, Springfield Elementary School bans all peanut products due to fear of food allergies — until Bart discovers that the one with the peanut allergy is Principal Skinner.
- The Alleged Expert: All of the drama at the climax happens because Homer is hired to fix the "Zoominator" and he drives Marge and the other workers away with his haughtiness. He still keeps at it himself, but his attempt at repairing the roller coaster is such an Epic Fail that it goes from "looks fixed" to "complete deathtrap" when he hits the structure with the inaugural champagne bottle.
- Big "NO!": Skinner does one (his his trademark long-drawn "No") after falling into a vat of peanut shrimp and hearing Bart confess to being Skinner's graffiti-tagging nemesis El Barto.
- Epic Fail: Homer's attempt at fixing the "Zoominator" by himself is only effective for a few seconds — the moment he strikes the gigantic structure with a champagne bottle to inaugurate the opening, the vibrations turns it into a full-blown death trap.
- Eureka Moment: When Marge that nobody will let her do a project for them because their image of a carpenter is a fat guy with his butt-crack showing, she sees Homer's crack and gets the idea to use him as a cover.
- Foreshadowing: The Remington Steele and Triangle Wars (whose title is shown in the Star Wars font) arcade games is a tip-off to the two plots of this episode.
- Here We Go Again!: Skinner and Bart fling their allergy-inducing foods at each other in the hospital again, much to Marge's frustration.
- Instantly Proven Wrong: This exchange.Worker: Don't worry, he's paying us a million dollars.Homer: And I promised these guys money I don't have.
- It's All About Me: The reputation that he obtains thanks to Marge's work gets to Homer's head and when he tries to fix the "Zoominator" by himself (because Marge won't help him and the workers quit) and it becomes a disaster, Homer is given a chance to tell the truth during the speech to open the roller coaster. Homer hesitates for a moment, and then declares "I'm perfect, and everything I make is perfect!" while getting into one of the roller coaster's cars.
- Jerkass Ball: Every man in Springfield except Homer suddenly becomes a misogynist in order for the plot to happen.
- Kryptonite Factor: Bart discovered Principal Skinner's allergy to peanuts, and used it to practically enslave him. Skinner soon learns that Bart has an allergy too; Shrimp. They end up in a "sword" fight with sticks with their opponent's kryptonite on the end set to "Duel of the Fates".
- Overly Long Scream: While hiding in Homer's roll-around shed, Marge lets out a long scream when Lenny makes a misogynist joke. Homer tries to drown it out by singing "We Will Rock You" with his friends.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Skinner is surprised that Bart is "El Barto".
- Photo Booth Montage: Parodied when Lisa gets into a photo booth with a pair of eels inside.
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis Failure: Comic Book Guy, seeing Skinner being tortured by Bart, deduces that Bart found his Kryptonite, but Skinner doesn't get the reference, only figuring out that it could be a mineral due to the suffix -ite.
- Series Continuity Error: As pointed out by Wikipedia and Wiki Simpsons, Bart has eaten shrimp in previous episodes.
- Shout-Out: Bart's battle with Principal Skinner parodies the climactic lightsaber battle from The Phantom Menace, right down to "Duel of the Fates" playing.
- Stealing the Credit: Homer takes all the credit for Marge's work, much to her annoyance. Although to be fair, it was Marge's idea in the first place.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial: When Marge tells Bart she got a letter from the school, Bart freaks out and denies starting a fire in the teacher's lounge.
Willie: I'll never say his name.Bart: Oh, so it's a dude.Willie: Who says it's a dude? A principal can be a man or a woman these days.
- Later, when Bart demands that Willie tell him who the person with the peanut allergy is.
- This Is Gonna Suck: At one point, Bart forces Skinner to fill his pants with lit fireworks. All he says in response is "This is not going to end well."
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Bart endangers Principal Skinner's life with his peanut allergy, exploiting this to make Skinner do what he wanted and is willing to threaten to kill someone just because the results amuse him.
- Worse still is that it implies he was planning to do this who whoever had the allergy even before he found out it was Skinner, just to get back at them for daring to have a severe allergy and forcing him to go without any peanut candy.
- Trial Balloon Question: When Homer asks Kent Brockman how he'll react if a woman actually built his gazebo.Kent: I'd have this gazebo torn down and built into a coffin... for your manhood.Homer: AAH!Kent: Why did my hypothetical scenario scare you so?
- Visual Pun: Marge empties Bart's lunchbox of all peanut products. After taking out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a bag of trail mix, she exclaims, "Good Grief, More Peanuts!" as she takes out a copy of the book of the same name.